Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry, I'm sure I will be stoned for this [make it good Lebanese, please], but couldn't resist!!!
BUT I THOUGHT IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH AMERICAN 'VALUES' AND 'IMAGE'

Hugh Hefner announces third marriage, to 24-year-old, on Twitter

Founder of Playboy magazine, 84, gives engagement ring to Playmate Crystal Harris on Christmas Eve

Andrew McCorkell
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 26 December 2010 19.51 GMT

Hugh Hefner, left, and Crystal Harris arrives at the premiere of Iron Man 2 in Los Angeles in April. Photograph: Matt Sayles/AP

The founder of Playboy magazine, Hugh Hefner, 84, has announced on Twitter that he is to marry a 24-year-old Playmate.

Hefner, married twice before, told his 427,902 followers on Christmas Day that he gave an engagement ring to Crystal Harris on Christmas Eve. According to Hefner, more usually referred to under the moniker Hef, Harris burst into tears when he popped the question.

"When I gave Crystal the ring, she burst into tears. This is the happiest Christmas weekend in memory," Hefner tweeted. As the internet gossip mill ground into gear over whether the ring was just a Christmas present, he later tweeted: "Yes, the ring I gave Crystal is an engagement ring. I didn't mean to make a mystery out of it. A very merry Christmas to all."

Hefner divorced his second wife, Playmate Kimberly Conrad, this year. Reality series The Girls Next Door chronicles his life surrounded by young glamour models at the Playboy Mansion in Hollywood.

Harris who was Playboy Playmate of the Month in December 2009 later responded on Twitter: "Hef and I are TRENDING on @twitter!!!! WOW!!!" before adding: "One of my amazing presents from @hughhefner Wyland is my favorite artist!". An attached URL linked to a bizarre framed picture of a mermaid.

Hefner, who started Playboy in 1953, first married his college sweetheart, Mildred Williams, but they divorced in 1959.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things that make you go mmm...multilingual multicultural parrot Magda Hassan 0 2,568 14-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Frecn cities make public transport free due to dangerous smog levels David Guyatt 1 2,492 15-03-2014, 12:46 PM
  Make of It As You Will, Please Ed Jewett 4 3,177 29-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  I pads for sale cheap; make an offer Bernice Moore 0 2,810 15-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  and now the good news... Bernice Moore 1 2,615 18-07-2011, 05:09 AM
  A Touch of Good News in Japan Bernice Moore 3 2,770 19-03-2011, 11:34 PM
  Protesters liberate broken Tory HQ and take to the roof as anti-cuts resisters resist shock therapy Magda Hassan 31 15,663 11-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Good Corporal: To the Exposers of Power and the Troublers of Dreams Ed Jewett 1 2,255 31-10-2010, 08:44 AM
  'Stoned wallabies make crop circles' David Guyatt 0 3,439 25-06-2009, 12:29 PM
  We sure could use a good moose joke Myra Bronstein 8 7,254 02-10-2008, 06:13 PM