Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portuguese journalist killed in New York hotel
Portuguese journalist killed in New York hotel

NEW YORK | Sat Jan 8, 2011 1:26pm EST

NEW YORK Jan 8 (Reuters) - Prominent Portuguese journalist Carlos Castro, 65, was killed at a luxury Manhattan hotel, police said on Saturday, and news reports said he had been castrated and was left lying in a pool of blood.
A man was being held as a "person of interest" at New York's Bellevue psychiatric hospital, a police spokeswoman said on Saturday. A police source identified him as Renato Seabra.
The New York Times quoted detectives as saying Seabra, a model from Portugal who recently appeared on a modeling reality show, had checked into the hotel with Castro about10 days ago.
Police found the body of a 65-year-old man in his room at the Intercontinental Hotel, located a few blocks from Times Square, after being called to the hotel early Friday evening, the police spokeswoman said. The police source identified him as Castro.
The spokeswoman said the victim had injuries to the head but declined to confirm other details reported in the media. "The medical examiner will determine the cause of death," she said.
The New York Post and other media said Castro had been beaten and his testicles were cut off, possibly with a broken wine glass.
The Post quoted police sources as saying that Seabra went to a local hospital with slashed wrists later on Friday night. He was taken from there to Bellevue, it said.
The Times, citing officials, said detectives had taken Seabra, 20, into custody and had him under guard at Bellevue on Saturday.
Castro was born in Angola during Portugal's colonial rule in the African nation. He contributed to a wide range of media, including Diario de Noticias, 24 Horas and Correio de Manha, according to his website. (Reporting by Claudia Parsons; Editing by Paul Simao)
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
If you read to the bottom of the linked post, there is a reference to "carlos a castro". Is it the same person? I have no idea. It is just that when I saw Portugese journalist, my mind skated to the Maddie McCann kidnapping. I put her name in google along with his and this is one return that came back:

Maddie - carlos a castro
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:If you read to the bottom of the linked post, there is a reference to "carlos a castro". Is it the same person? I have no idea. It is just that when I saw Portugese journalist, my mind skated to the Maddie McCann kidnapping. I put her name in google along with his and this is one return that came back:

Maddie - carlos a castro

My mind is blank, but some Central-American UN Diplomat died mysteriously in his NYC flat not long ago. Connections or just same M.O.?
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:If you read to the bottom of the linked post, there is a reference to "carlos a castro". Is it the same person? I have no idea. It is just that when I saw Portugese journalist, my mind skated to the Maddie McCann kidnapping. I put her name in google along with his and this is one return that came back:

Maddie - carlos a castro

My mind is blank, but some Central-American UN Diplomat died mysteriously in his NYC flat not long ago. Connections or just same M.O.?
Yes, it was a Nicaraguan diplomat. We've covered it here somewhere.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who killed Ron and Nicole? Jack White 44 53,399 11-10-2016, 10:09 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  The 'White Widow' Killed by Russian Sniper Lauren Johnson 18 8,874 14-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Five Russian scientists who helped Iran with nuclear secrets killed in plane crash Magda Hassan 4 5,349 24-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Minor explosion in Davos hotel, nobody hurt Magda Hassan 1 2,752 28-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Owner of Stalin museum killed in Russia Magda Hassan 0 2,668 01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  50 things that are being killed ny internet Bernice Moore 0 2,555 23-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore