Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radioactivity from 1890 madame curie
Because of their levels of radioactivity, her papers from the 1890s are considered too dangerous to handle. Even her cookbook is highly radioactive. They are kept in lead-lined boxes, and those who wish to consult them must wear protective clothing.[31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Curie

Attached Files
.png   Marie_Curie_(Nobel-Chem).png (Size: 14.54 KB / Downloads: 2)
That is why I don't support a nuclear energy industry. Just one mistake and it is fucked forever or 500,000 years, which ever comes first.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Yes, radiation was not known at that time to be harmful to biological systems and it is amazing that Marie survived as long as she did. Despite not realizing this health risk, she was a very brilliant and important scientist.

One of the, if not the, best spokesperson for the current dangers of nuclear reactors [and many other things] is Helen Caldecott. from Oz.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass