Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddam targeted Bush, Rumsfeld daughters
Saddam targeted Bush, Rumsfeld daughters
AFP
"Of course, the president and his family had secret service protection. My family did not. And it was a somewhat awkward moment in the meeting," he added in ...
Quote:WASHINGTON Former US secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld revealed Tuesday that Saddam Hussein had a $60 million bounty on his daughters' head and also targeted ex-president George W. Bush's two daughters.

"I was concerned," Rumsfeld told ABC's "Good Morning America" in his first live television interview since leaving office over four years ago.

"Of course, the president and his family had secret service protection. My family did not. And it was a somewhat awkward moment in the meeting," he added in describing a 2003 national security meeting when he was told of the plot.

Rumsfeld, who has two daughters and a son, said Bush urged him to take the threat seriously because US forces had killed Saddam's sons Uday and Qusay and his 14-year-old grandson Mustapha in July 2003.

"I made a comment like 'Thank you' or something and president Bush looked me in the eye and said 'You better take this seriously,'" the former Pentagon chief recalled.

"And of course, I did take it seriously. But I was also realistic that there was not much one could do about that."

The television appearance was part of Rumsfeld's effort to promote his new memoir, "Known and Unkown," which was released earlier and recounts his long government career serving Republican presidents from Richard Nixon to Bush.

The story is rubbish for the following reasons:

i) the source is Rumsfeld who is not a credible source;

ii) reading the piece above, Rumsfeld appears to be claiming that his source was George W Bush. Horseshit. If there was genuine intelligence that Saddam had targeted Rumsfeld's family, then Rumsfeld himself would have insisted on reading it, and secondly could have demanded 24/7 security protection was provided given his decades' long seniority in US governments;

iii) the story reads as a typical Rumsfeld/Bush folksy concoction, and surely we know by now that such accounts are there to divert us from the truth.

Rumsfeld famously opined:

Quote:[T]here are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know.
But there are also unknown unknowns the ones we don't know we don't know.

Well I know we know that Rumsfeld is talking crap.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
I know that Bush's daughters were frequent targets of opportunity in the bars of Kennebunkport. And by most accounts their security was not all that difficult to penetrate.

Which is about as serious a response as Rumsfeld's lies warrant.
Quote:I know that Bush's daughters were frequent targets of opportunity in the bars of Kennebunkport. And by most accounts their security was not all that difficult to penetrate.

[Image: smilielol5.gif]
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nixon was also targeted for assassination Scott Kaiser 25 12,482 10-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CIA Targeted Assassinatiions by Induced Heart Attack and Cancer Adele Edisen 7 6,572 27-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Ex-Bush, Reagan official’s body found dumped in landfil. Death ruled a homicidel Magda Hassan 56 53,387 22-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin