Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JFK health
Quote:John Kennedy had his personal demons. He was addicted to IV "meth" methamphetamine) and steroids because of his severe back pain and chronic Hodgkins disease.

Can anyone explain if it is true that JFK was a meth addict?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
JFK,apparently,took pain injections of a drug cocktail that also contained the drug amphetamine.

Care of JFK by Dr. Max Jacobson, aka Dr. Feelgood

Biot Report #678: January 07, 2010

An amphetamine epidemic afflicted the United States between 1940 and 1970, in part fueled by physicians such as New York general practitioner Dr. Max Jacobson who legally dispensed the drug, believing until the day he died that it was harmless and helpful to his patients. Amphetamines became a federally controlled substance in the United States only in 1970. (1-3)
  1. [Image: Biot678PhotoA.jpg] [Image: Biot678PhotoB.jpg]Dr. Max Jacobson (1900-1979). Source: Boyce Rensberger: "Amphetamines used by a physician to lift moods of famous patients." The New York Times, December 4, 1972.
    Dr. Max Jacobson. Source: Mark Shaw: The John F. Kennedys: A Family Album. Farrar, Straus, 1964.
Dr. Jacobson was a German-born physician who fled to New York City in 1936, where he founded "Constructive Research Foundation" allegedly to study multiple sclerosis and a medical practice in which he dispensed cocktails of amphetamines, hormones, vitamins and other constituents as "vitamin shots" in his combined medical office and research laboratory on Manhattan's Upper East Side. The State of New York City issued him a medical license and the New York County Medical Society counted him as a member until his reckoning by state and federal authorities between 1972 and 1975. He never held a medical staff appointment at any hospital. If his patients needed hospitalization, he turned them over to other physicians who did have hospital privileges.
  1. [Image: Biot678PhotoC.bmp]One of Dr. Max Jacobson's bottles of medicine made in his so-called Constructive Research Foundation. Source: http://designarchives.aiga.org/entry.cfm/eid_11635; accessed January 12, 2010.
For at least two decades (1950s and 1960s), countless numbers of celebrities flocked to Dr. Jacobson. His most famous patient was John F. Kennedy whom he injected with amphetamines and other medications countless times between September 1960 (probably earlier) and November 1963. For example, John Kennedy received amphetamine injections before his first television debate with Vice-President Nixon (1960), first summit talk with Russian Premier Khrushchev in Vienna (1961), confrontation with Khrushchev during the Cuban missile crisis (1962), and confrontation with U.S. Steel over a threatened strike (1962). (4-6)

More at the link below:

http://www.semp.us/publications/biot_rea...BiotID=678
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
I have heard this too. It was in Timothy Leary's auto biography as well. Can't recall who is source was for the moment. I'm not sure he was an addict but he did have treatment from Dr. Feelgood and used amphetamines. How often I don't know.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:I have heard this too. It was in Timothy Leary's auto biography as well. Can't recall who is source was for the moment. I'm not sure he was an addict but he did have treatment from Dr. Feelgood and used amphetamines. How often I don't know.

Well,with most everyones mom taking diet pills(amphetamines)in the 50s/60s,people didn't consider them very dangerous at the time.Still,if I thought that JFK was addicted to meth,it would change my whole outlook on his ability to govern.Addicted?He didn't seem to have the characteristics of a speed freak,so I'm somewhat confused by the earlier quote:

Quote:John Kennedy had his personal demons. He was addicted to IV "meth" methamphetamine) and steroids because of his severe back pain and chronic Hodgkins disease.
Buckminster Fuller
Hodgkins disease is some sort of lymphatic cancer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodgkin%27s_lymphoma. Which I don't think he ever had. I think they mean his Addison's disease which he did have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison%27s_disease. I suppose since he had a deficiency in adrenalin (if he had Addisons) using methamphetamines would just put him up to 'normal' speed. On the other hand he also categorically denied having the disease so maybe he didn't.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I think your question is not related to this topic. I think this conversation has deviated from its real purpose which was to discuss the Farrell book. Instead people fight among each each other and they forget to answer the questions posed.
Vasilios Vazakas Wrote:I think your question is not related to this topic. I think this conversation has deviated from its real purpose which was to discuss the Farrell book. Instead people fight among each each other and they forget to answer the questions posed.

Vasilios,
I'm sorry if I deviated from the original purpose of the thread.It looks like Magda has moved my post out.Carry on.......
Buckminster Fuller
if he, jfk was addicted to such, i do not think there is any smoking gun document that will ever be released on such..then again if he had been i do not think he would have been as sharp mentally, as he was...imo..

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/g35.htm:popworm:

effects of addiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine...al_effects i do not recall seeing any of these symptoms within, videos speeches etc of the jfk i think such if he had been addicted would have eventually been obvious..in some ways..
Bernice Moore Wrote:if he, jfk was addicted to such, i do not think there is any smoking gun document that will ever be released on such..then again if he had been i do not think he would have been as sharp mentally, as he was...imo..

http://www.doctorzebra.com/prez/g35.htm:popworm:

effects of addiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine...al_effects i do not recall seeing any of these symptoms within, videos speeches etc of the jfk i think such if he had been addicted would have eventually been obvious..in some ways..

Thanks Bernice:

I agree,that addicted to meth,is most likely not an accurate description of Kennedys use of the drug.Meth is epidemic in this part of the country,and it's not very difficult to spot a heavy user.Some are just plain wretched.I just don't see that in JFK at all.That was interesting reading about all the medical problems Kennedy had.I think I still outscore him though.lol

Happy to see you back!
Buckminster Fuller
thanks keith, good to be back, my so and so lap gave up the ghost, all kinds of problems, serious ones,but all files photos etc safe, and reloaded, with more to go, seems i never stop finding another cd that holds more...not downloaded, but there has got to be an end, i hope...:lol: i think the amphetamine as mentioned by another, in giving him some energy over his physical problems, would have been correct, mentioned also the addiction to amp diet pills was histrionic in the 50s and 60s including myself, by a family physician, they simply did not know the candy they doled out was poison back then, he does not nor to me show symptoms of such addiction.....they were are very noticeable, perhaps the doctor only including a small dosage...i no no...take care....best b