Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA website goes down, hackers claim responsibility
CIA website goes down, hackers claim responsibility
Reuters
The CIA site initially could not be accessed from New York to San Francisco, and Bangalore to London. Later in the evening service was sporadic. "We are looking into these reports," a CIA spokeswoman said. Lulz Security has defaced websites, ...Confusedhutup:
http://gizmodo.com/5812380/lulzsec-hacke...wn-the-cia

Woah: Lulz Security Just Took On the CIA
Gee, that's too bad.
Still down for me.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I'm not really buying this stuff.I think Lulz Sec is a Govt. paid provocateur group.The only reason,that I can see for this targeting,would be to ramp up more draconian internet controls.

I Call Bullsh..! :mexican:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
You are not alone in thinking this Keith.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Keith Millea Wrote:I'm not really buying this stuff.I think Lulz Sec is a Govt. paid provocateur group.The only reason,that I can see for this targeting,would be to ramp up more draconian internet controls.

I Call Bullsh..! :mexican:

Yup.

Either that or it's a hacker CV seeking spooky employment....
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
The hacker group Lulz Security now does requests. If there is someone you want to take down, you can phone them up and ask them. :kraka:

The BBC reports that the controversial hacker group, who are alleged to be behind attacks on the website of the U.S. Senate, some of the Sony sites and a hack that revealed the details of contestants in the U.S. version of X Factor, have taken down sites requested.

The group publicized the telephone hotline on its Twitter feed.

Callers to the US number are met with a recorded message, in a heavy French accent, by an individual calling themself Pierre Dubois.

While the 614 area code appears to relate to the state of Ohio, it is unlikely that this is its real location.

Lulz Security said it had used distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) against eight sites suggested by callers.

It also claimed to have hit the websites of gaming magazine The Escapist, and multiplayer games EVE Online and League of Legends.

DDoS attacks typically involve crashing a website by inundating it with requests from computers under the attacker's control.

Meanwhile GamesBeat reports on something of a turf war breaking out between Lulz and rival group Anonymous.

LulzSec has begun been publicly mocking 4chan.org and Anonymous on its main Twitter account, which it has used to generate publicity for its attacks. When VentureBeat tried to access 4chan.org, the main image-sharing message board where Anonymous was reportedly born, the site was either inaccessible or very slow. That's could incite frustration from Anonymous, which has proven time and again that it is a force to be reckoned with.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/ :kraka:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ds-newsxml

Hackers 'revenge on snitches' who they claim stitched up teenager accused of targeting CIA from a bungalow in Essex
  • 19-year-old man is suspected of leading the notorious Lulz Security hacking group
  • FBI seized servers run by Swiss web hosting company DigitalOne as the arrest took place
  • LulzSec claims it has brought down the official Brazilian Government website

• It said it did NOT hack into Britain's census information as one website alleged
SOCA website latest victim of LulzSec campaign

[Image: it_photo_165370_50.jpg]

[Image: blueArrow.gif] Gallery

By Stewart Mitchell
Posted on 21 Jun 2011 at 09:56
The Serious Organised Crime Agency has admitted it was forced to take its site offline after being hit by a distributed denial of service attack from hacker group Lulz Security.
The group, which has already gained notoriety for hacking the NHS and the CIA, said it was stepping up its action and would be targeting governmental data globally in conjunction with other hacker groups.

DDoS is of course our least powerful and most abundant ammunition
"SOCA has chosen to take its website offline to limit the impact of DDoS attacks on other clients hosted by our service provider," SOCA said in a statement sent to the BBC.
The agency said its main network, including data on suspected criminals and ongoing operations, remained secure.
"The SOCA website is a source of information for the general public which is hosted by an external provider. It is not linked to our operational material or the data we hold," SOCA said.
The site remained down at the time of publication.

Read more: SOCA website latest victim of LulzSec campaign | Security | News | PC Pro http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/368...z1Q0aSoBQF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DHS confirms hackers could ‘remotely reprogram and manipulate’ cells Bernice Moore 2 2,755 08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin