Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich DellaRosa talks about the Other Zapruder film.

I know this has been discussed here but I'm not sure that this recording has been posted before.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Interesting as all heck. I've never seen anyone suggest the umbrella pump and military signal closed fist were intentional direct signals to Greer. Wow! I never thought of that. That would be a total, conscious coup d'etat that would allow meetings and an open secret executive action against a president who had been internally ruled a traitor.

My mind wanders to Gottlieb's Technical Services Division putting some sparkle in the drinks at the Bohemian club the night before...
Magda Hassan Wrote:
I know this has been discussed here but I'm not sure that this recording has been posted before.

Magda,

I know that Rich would immediately correct the title of your post. Neither he or I (or any of the others who viewed a similar "other" film) ever claimed that what he saw was the "other Zapruder film" as there is no way of knowing if what was seen had any relationship to the extant Zapruder film. I'm not intending to nit-pick, but it is an important distinction. We simply refer to it as "the other film" or as another film of the assassination possibly taken from a similar position as that of the extant Zapruder film.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)
Greg - thank you for that clarification.

Here is another notorious clip: Jim Marrs interviewing William Reymond, who never managed to share this other or "original, unedited" film:

http://youtu.be/hSdyqDBTpeo
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Bernice also posted these videos on DPF here.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."

The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
The distinction between "another Zapruder film" and "another film" could not be more significant to our understanding of what by nature are deep political events and the methods we must apply to study and understand them.

Alternative explanations -- remaining open to them and developing the skills to search for and ascertain them -- are at the heart of the matter.

So too is being able to recognize false assumptions.

Based upon his report, are we left to conclude that Rich viewed an alteration of the historic Z-film?

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
Similarly, in the past there are those who have referred to it as "the un-altered Zapruder film" and that too is an ill advised assumption.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

Greg, Charles, - agreed.

To clarify: is it correct that the other film that Rich DellaRosa saw appears to have been filmed from a similar vantage spot to that of the Zapruder film?

Meanwhile, Reymond seems to consider his film an earlier, closer to first generation, version of the Zapruder film. However, he does not come over as a student of Zapruder, so he could also potentially be talking about a film shot from a similar vantage to that of Abe the Unlikely.

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Greg, Charles, - agreed.

To clarify: is it correct that the other film that Rich DellaRosa saw appears to have been filmed from a similar vantage spot to that of the Zapruder film?

Yes.

Quote:Meanwhile, Reymond seems to consider his film an earlier, closer to first generation, version of the Zapruder film. However, he does not come over as a student of Zapruder, so he could also potentially be talking about a film shot from a similar vantage to that of Abe the Unlikely.

I think that is generally correct. As you may or may not already know, it appears possible that Rich, William, Milicent Craynor, Scott Myers, and I all saw the same film and it was not shot by Zapruder, but from a similar position. However, we could all have seen different films or all seen a few films--or--maybe, it was an un-altered version of the Zappy cartoon. The latter I do not see as likely...
GO_SECURE

monk

I can't comment on what Rich may have seen.

But there have be photo studies to suggest that other film cameras under sinister control were in evidence in Dealey Plaza during the shooting. Indistinct figures within the pergola and to Zapruder's left may be of a photographer and a camera on a tripod. And the early Badgeman studies are interpreted by some to include a figure, to the alleged shooter's left, holding some sort of viewfinder, binoculars, or camera.

For starters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 1,998 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,227 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Kerry Thornley talks about JFK asassination Richard Booth 3 4,564 03-10-2019, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 20,055 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 9,353 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,532 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,251 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
  Write Amazon reviews of new Zapruder Book. NOW! It is selling Nathaniel Heidenheimer 3 3,819 25-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,873 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Zapruder grandson named poetry editor of NY Times Joseph McBride 0 2,401 13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride