Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumi Symphony: Andrew Harvey and Hans Christian
http://www.amazon.com/Rumi-Symphony-Andr...B0065NOS54

Came by this the other day.. a two-CD set ... and began to listen. It reminded me of a recording by Richard Harris of Khalil Gibran's Prophet, at whose feet I once had an out-of-body experience (send PM for details), but it's probably even better on at least two counts. And it's tough to top Rumi. But thankfully it's the short of thing that won't go away even if bombed into dust.

"The second you stepped into this existence, a ladder was placed to help you escape it."

"Go beyond even that...."
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Don't know, young lady. It might be, but Rumi no longer has many copyright restraints and symphony is pretty generic. Perhaps it is a later release, or a distant cousin, or a predecessor.

This is where I first heard of it: http://carolynbaker.net/2012/01/11/treat...lyn-baker/

My experience is not so much about the music, though it's an interesting parallel with the Silk Road Ensemble of Yo-Yo-Ma, which is more authentic instrumentally, and with no narration, but in the words and the cosmic wisdom found in the poetry.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harvey Keitel interview Tracy Riddle 0 3,333 10-10-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  A musical treat - Palin conducts Beethoven symphony and Rachmaninov piano concerto David Guyatt 2 3,787 24-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago