Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pathology in the Hundred Acre Wood
Pathology in the Hundred Acre Wood: a neurodevelopmental perspective on A.A. Milne

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/163/12/1557.full.pdf

".. We begin with Pooh. This unfortunate bear embodies the concept of comorbidity."

The authors are with the Division of Developmental Pediatrics and Kevin-the-Gordon is with the Di- vision of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS.

CMAJ DEC. 12, 2000; 163 (12)

"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
I've seen this before and it is fun and all. Clearly Donkey is depressed and needs some assistance. But I'd really like to see the psychiatric community doing some widespread work on the real life psychopaths in power in government and in corporations instead of writing about fictional characters and collaborating and refining torture techniques with the CIA in Guantanamo. There is quite a deafening silence.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:I've seen this before and it is fun and all. Clearly Donkey is depressed and needs some assistance. But I'd really like to see the psychiatric community doing some widespread work on the real life psychopaths in power in government and in corporations instead of writing about fictional characters and collaborating and refining torture techniques with the CIA in Guantanamo. There is quite a deafening silence.

The truth is that psychiatry is probably the most corrupted and coopted of all medical disciplines.

The challenge for all scientists is whether they believe in Science for Science's sake, scientific discovery as inherently representing Progress, or whether they are prepared to consider the malign uses of technological discoveries and refuse to go down certain paths.

Frankly, shrinks are probably worse even than CBW researchers.

The dream of the Power to Control the Human Mind has seemed irresistable to generation after generation of morally voided psychiatrists.

When offered human subjects to test their hypotheses, many shrinks start dribbling like a paedophile given the keys to a kindergarten...
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war