Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Your Thatcher & Churchill Ringtones Here!
No kidding!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

This from one Iain Dale whose 'Right of Centre' political blog is one of the highest traffic political sites in the UK. I monitor it because it is quite a good indicator of the preoccupations and opinions of Tory Party activists.
Quote:How do you fancy Margaret Thatcher or Winston Churchill ringtones for your mobile phone? As part of Conservative History week on the Conservative Party Website, they have launched these free ringtones, with Margaret Thatcher saying "The lady's Not for Turning" and Winston Churchill proclaiming "We Shall Fight Them on the Beaches".

To get the free ringtones click HERE.
I've little doubt there will be massive take-up too.

What hope is there left for us I ask you? Rolleyes
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Don't tell me they are already feeling nostalgic for Nanny Thatcher?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Hopefully there will be some bright wit out there to come up with a parody such as 'We will frighten them with peaches ' or some such.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I'd like to offer a Christmas ringtone for the approaching Season of Goodwill.

Click HERE.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14