Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance
No, Dave, I find those quotes of Snowden very important, cogent and significant to all of us...the reason I have yet to be convinced he is other than he says he is. Seeing what his salary was, what his girlfriend looked like and his home, etc. he had nothing to gain and everything to loose.....UNLESS he was really committed to the political awareness and change his actions would bring - despite his likely ill-fate or even torture and death. A very brave guy until I'm shown evidence otherwise!

--------------------------------

LONDON, June 11 (UPI) -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said he's had contact with Edward Snowden, who took responsibility for publicizing a U.S. government surveillance program.
Snowden leaked information on the National Security Agency's "Prism" cellphone and Internet monitoring program. He has been in hiding, reportedly in Hong Kong.
In an exclusive interview with Australian Broadcasting Corp.'s "Lateline," Assange demanded the Australian government reveal any tie it may have to Prism and said Australians may have been targeted by it.
"We have had indirect communication with his people," Assange said of Snowden. "I don't think it's appropriate at this time that I go into further details."
Assange is holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, fighting extradition to Sweden where he is wanted for questioning on sexual assault allegations. He has expressed concern about being extradited to the United States because of the millions of pages of sensitive, classified U.S. military and diplomatic documents posted on his whistle-blowing website.
Britain has denied claims its spy agencies were involved in Prism and Assange said Australia must reveal any involvement it may have, ABC reported Tuesday.
"We must ask the question, and the Australian government must answer the question: How many Australians have been intercepted?" Assange said.
He also wondered whether Australian and U.S. agencies pooled information about Australians and whether the Australian government is "involved in this warrantless interception program."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2...z2W17Ur4C0
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:No, Dave, I find those quotes of Snowden very important, cogent and significant to all of us...the reason I have yet to be convinced he is other than he says he is. Seeing what his salary was, what his girlfriend looked like and his home, etc. he had nothing to gain and everything to loose.....UNLESS he was really committed to the political awareness and change his actions would bring - despite his likely ill-fate or even torture and death. A very brave guy until I'm shown evidence otherwise!

[url=http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/06/11/WikiLeaks-Assange-says-he-had-indirect-contact-with-Snowden/UPI-23981370952001/#ixzz2W17Ur4C0][/url]

Once again, I want to believe what he says, but remain skeptical. Your argument that he has a lot to lose, ( like his pole-dancing girl friend), cannot be trumped by a number of things that we all know -- mind control, "persuasion," and ideology (of what we know nothing) just to name three. "Snowden" is a blank slate upon which many things have been and are being painted.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Another asepct of this, which is hardly being discussed, is that private military contractors appear to have unfettered access to search for anything they want (subject to the fig leaf of a single "dodgy" connection at any stage in a person's history).

So, in addition to the ability of intelligence agencies to use illegally obtained information as leverage over a person, private military contractors also now have the ability to blackmail or blacklist anyone they like.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
deleted
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Another asepct of this, which is hardly being discussed, is that private military contractors appear to have unfettered access to search for anything they want (subject to the fig leaf of a single "dodgy" connection at any stage in a person's history).

So, in addition to the ability of intelligence agencies to use illegally obtained information as leverage over a person, private military contractors also now have the ability to blackmail or blacklist anyone they like.

A very good point Jan. Private spying is big business and blackmail will become a real earner under this scenario.

Edit =:

The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Everything is tracked, recorded or logged it seems.
It would be one of very few choices of integrity to reveal and revolt against totalitarianism.
My country: TO BE MADE RIGHT WHEN WRONG.
I can support Mr. Snowden as the "story" stands now.

Never my country 'right or wrong',
Never Cheney's "If you are not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about."
We have heard all that BS before.....
From Goebbels.
Hitler
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON
David Guyatt Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Another asepct of this, which is hardly being discussed, is that private military contractors appear to have unfettered access to search for anything they want (subject to the fig leaf of a single "dodgy" connection at any stage in a person's history).

A very good point Jan. Private spying is big business and blackmail will become a real earner under this scenario.

And a very funny snatch of Python!
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Video: 3:33 minutes long

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/06/07/whytv-r...veillance/

Adele
Adele Edisen Wrote:Video: 3:33 minutes long

http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/06/07/whytv-r...veillance/

Adele

Interesting you should mention that.....it seems as I write his website is undergoing a denial of service attack by some entity [maybe even the NSA or one of their 'contractors']! I was able to find a 3.5 minute interview with him on RT on the RT site, perhaps that was what you were pointing to.

Good point! And it is not being explored anywhere that I can see. As well as blackmail it can also be used for insider trading and other stock market type system gaming as welll as taking out competitors. Most of the intel corporations have other business interests like media holdings and aerospace.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumbo : how the CIA blind surveillance cameras Magda Hassan 0 34,034 14-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  HR 658 Authorizes 30.000 surveillance drones over the USA - to be increased! Peter Lemkin 8 17,474 31-01-2017, 02:50 AM
  AP Sues US Gov’t over Fake FBI News Article Booby Trapped with Surveillance Virus Magda Hassan 0 5,822 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM
  Panopticon of global surveillance Magda Hassan 179 73,127 14-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  'Five Eyes' surveillance pact should be published, Strasbourg court told Magda Hassan 1 3,978 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Defensive Shift - Turning the Tables on Surveillance Magda Hassan 0 3,595 26-08-2014, 03:14 PM
  Israeli Intelligence Eavesdropped on Kerry’s Phone During Palestine-Israel Peace Talks Magda Hassan 3 5,215 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ministers to pass law tracking mollie phone David Guyatt 0 3,188 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Surveillance Capitalism Magda Hassan 0 3,138 05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
  Biggest anti-mass surveillance event in the U.K. Magda Hassan 2 6,117 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM