Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The empty backyard photo
David J, those photos were taken by the DPD after the assassination. You can tell they were taken at a different time because a) the bush in the background has fuller blossoms, b) the tree in the back has lost some of its leaves and c) there is a little plant in the foreground that wasn't there in the "real" BYPs.

Now, does anyone in Texas recognize that bush in the background? Some kind of sage?
TRACY - hard to say for sure since no image is in high enough resolution to truly see the leaves individually,
but based on size, general growth pattern, and the fact that the plant is native to texas ... i could at least volunteer that it looks like Witch Hazel.

?

look at the growth habit of the branches here:
http://www.yourgardensanctuary.com/witch-hazel-tree/
Nick Rose Wrote:TRACY - hard to say for sure since no image is in high enough resolution to truly see the leaves individually,
but based on size, general growth pattern, and the fact that the plant is native to texas ... i could at least volunteer that it looks like Witch Hazel.

?

Nick this appears to be the answer from the JFK assassination forum.
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: postinfo, width: 20%, bgcolor: #E4EAF2"] [/TD]
[TD="class: postinfo, bgcolor: #E4EAF2"][Image: post.gif] March 26, 2009, 01:40:14 AM[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Ok, i got a fast response from Jack White. 10fjyfjfyg

Jack:

Robert and I had it done by a Dallas company called Blanks Engraving.
Photoshop technology was very new in 1991, and only professionals could do the
work then. Now anyone can do it. Oliver Stone wanted it, paid big money for it,
and it was seen onscreen for barely a couple of seconds. That's showbiz.

It was not a composite. 133A-DeM was scanned, and Oswald erased by cloning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. The above doesn't mean the backyard photos are not fakes.
Yes Tracy... the one with the man in it was taken 11/29... can we assume that the other empty shots were taken all day to get the different exposures?

Nick - I can't follow you on that one Nick... IMO the evidence framing Oswald was an ongoing process as far back as Mexico City at the end of Sept...
Have you read the piece on ALICE, TX?

It's called Oswald in Aliceland http://www.jfklancer.com/Courtwright1.html
and it details an "Oswald-like" family driving their way around TX.

While there were definitely some actions done "on the fly" I do not think the manufacturing of evidence was done last minute like that... Mexico proves that since this is one of the first overt impersonations that was mentioned by the CIA to State, ONI and FBI... they KNEW it was the Oswald yet they gave these other agencies that impression and they neglect to include Kostikov on their retelling of the story... for very good reason.

it all stinks to high hell - every single piece of evidence in this charade is a joke.
DJ

Mike related how he met LHO for the first time. He told CBS in 1993 what he didn't tell the WC or anyone else... since he had lied repeatedly in his testiomony about Oswald and a rifle:

" I went one afternoon to pick him up; went upstairs to pick him up. The first thing he did, practically, was to pick up the photograph of himself - 8 X 10 - holding his rifle and some papers. I was a little startled. I suppose he was looking for a big revolution-that he'd join a big revolution - that he'd join a big revolution with his gun. He thought that the only way that change would come about was through violence."

Mr. LIEBELER - Did you ever observe or hear prior to the assassination that Lee Oswald had been practicing with a rifle?
Mr. PAINE - No, I didn't know prior to the assassination, w[B]e didn't know he had a rifle. [/B]I had supposed from my conversation with him back on Neely Street that he would like to have a rifle but I didn't gather that he did.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did the FB[B]I or any other investigatory agency of the Government ever show you a picture of the rifle t[/B]hat was supposed to have been used to assassinate the President?
Mr. PAINE - They asked me at first, th[B]e first night of the assassination if I could locate, identify the place where Lee was standing when he was holding this rifle a[/B]nd some, the picture on the cover of Life.

This testimony has been tossed around a bit yet there is no way that Michael could have seen these photos FRIDAY NIGHT, when they were not discovered and brought to the DPD until after 4pm on Saturday...

Nick - I believe those photos where made when it was decided Oswald would be the DP Patsy (I wonder where the TRADE MART PATSY's BYPs are? or Arthur Vallee's or whoever was the target in Tampa...)

THIS appears to be the order to go to NEELY on the 29th and take photos - there is NO RECORD of the PHOTOS being turned in, only the negatives... and there is reference elsewhere of photos and negatives given to the SS on 12/3 (.http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/26/2629-001.gif)

Context and background exposes the charade every time...
DJ

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5675[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5676[/ATTACH]

==================
Sidebar: Speaking of pictures and Paine - why in the world would they be showing this photo to Michael Paine??

Mr. LIEBELER - I show you a photograph which depicts the same individual as is depicted in Commission Exhibit No. 237 and ask you to examine it and tell me if you recognize the individual?
Mr. PAINE - I remember the same face on a picture that I saw earlier, but I had not at that time, and do not now, recognize the person., but he could work at Bell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5674[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   CE237 Mexico Man WH_Vol16_0331b.jpg (Size: 60.3 KB / Downloads: 74)
.gif   2170-001.gif (Size: 32.4 KB / Downloads: 72)
.gif   Backyard negatives - no photos into evidence 430pm 11-23.gif (Size: 66.57 KB / Downloads: 73)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
Ray Mitcham Wrote:
Nick Rose Wrote:TRACY - hard to say for sure since no image is in high enough resolution to truly see the leaves individually,

?

Nick this appears to be the answer from the JFK assassination forum.
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: postinfo, width: 20%, bgcolor: #E4EAF2"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: postinfo, bgcolor: #E4EAF2"][Image: post.gif] March 26, 2009, 01:40:14 AM
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Ok, i got a fast response from Jack White. 10fjyfjfyg

Jack:

Robert and I had it done by a Dallas company called Blanks Engraving.
Photoshop technology was very new in 1991, and only professionals could do the
work then. Now anyone can do it. Oliver Stone wanted it, paid big money for it,
and it was seen onscreen for barely a couple of seconds. That's showbiz.

It was not a composite. 133A-DeM was scanned, and Oswald erased by cloning.

Not doubting Jack at all here - yet does this make any sense when you have 10 empty BYP ready to go?
Creating a mask for the Oswald in the photo would STILL require that you have an image with an exact copy of the background so it could be cloned in...

Yet if they already had an empty BYP that matched the existing image... no work was needed...

What they are trying to tell us is that without seeing what was behind Oswald they were able to exactly recreate it...
and NO - not anyone can do it...

the CLONE tool requires there be a source from which to clone the image...

If it was done that way... pretty amazing job

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5678[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   two byp one with no oswald - transparent overlay.jpg (Size: 150.44 KB / Downloads: 69)
Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.....
R. Hunter
When I looked up 214 W Neeley/Dallas on Google Map, I found the house still there. What I noticed is that a driveway is on the east side of the house, and a center of the block drive through on the west side of the house. I am not sure what this means, but the drive through would increase access and easy exit. The north/south center of the block drive through/alleyway seems to be the norm in that area of Oak Cliff.

::vroom::

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

David Josephs Wrote:Not doubting Jack at all here - yet does this make any sense when you have 10 empty BYP ready to go?
Yeah, if you want an empty BYP which matches a existing Oswald photo to suggest the body and all was edited in, then editing that all out of such a photo is the only way to get it. And there's no need to exactly recreate what was behind whatever is removed, just to create something which looks realistic by clone stamping from other areas of the photo and tweaking it by other means as needed. Here's a tutorial for removing someone from a photo with modern Photoshop for example sake, including use of the good old clone tool:

Of course accomplishing such a thing back in 1991 wasn't nearly so simple as the tools were far more primitive, but it's not a particularly hard thing to do even on such dated software either, just time consuming.
I'm not sure when all of those empty police photos were released, but it was probably during the 1990s ARRB period, after Stone's film was released (1991). It makes sense that the other empty photo was probably created for the movie.

Has there ever been an official explanation why the DPD created all of those photos, including the one with the cutout?
LR Trotter Wrote:When I looked up 214 W Neeley/Dallas on Google Map, I found the house still there. What I noticed is that a driveway is on the east side of the house, and a center of the block drive through on the west side of the house. I am not sure what this means, but the drive through would increase access and easy exit. The north/south center of the block drive through/alleyway seems to be the norm in that area of Oak Cliff.

::vroom::

I probably should have said the house is still there ''on google".

:Shrug:

Larry
StudentofAssassinationResearch

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 440 22-09-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Another Look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 445 15-09-2023, 10:11 AM
  Another look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part II Gil Jesus 0 456 09-09-2023, 11:56 AM
  Another look at the "Backyard Photographs" --- Part I Gil Jesus 0 446 04-09-2023, 02:03 PM
  Photo Analysis Skill Test Brian Doyle 7 1,171 26-05-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Lho and the backyard photos Bernice Moore 22 20,567 27-02-2019, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  The Selectice Service card photo Drew Phipps 26 22,517 08-08-2016, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dartmouth Study of Backyard Photo supposedly confirms authenticity Tom Bowden 38 17,726 08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Interesting new photos and photo analysis of the Plaza Peter Lemkin 0 3,890 08-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Dartmouth does 3D study of backyard photo Drew Phipps 10 9,867 20-05-2015, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme