Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michele Metta's CMC. THE ITALIAN UNDERCOVER CIA AND MOSSAD STATION AND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK
I suspect Metta's book deserves a better discussion thread than this one. Regardless -

Quote:As in Joan Mellen's descriptions of the Centro-Mondo Commercialle, she quickly mentions ONCE that there were Nazis who were members. Then we go on and hear about all kinds of Italians who were involved.

It's an Italian company, in Italy. You'd assume that Italians were involved with it. Mellen also mentions Ferenc Nagy as being part of the leadership of PERMINDEX, and that Nagy was a 'longtime asset of CIA Deputy Director of Plans, Frank Wisner'. Wisner, in the thick of CIA and anti-communist figures like Dulles, Paul Nitze, John McCloy, Richard Bissell and maybe twenty others I'm too tired to copy out in detail from his Spartacus page, was later heavily involved in the Gladio activities in Italy, of which Borghese would eventually figure prominently.

Quote:What we do know about the Italian Centro-Mondo Commerciale was that it included Count Junio Valerio Borghese

As noted, Borghese was heavily involved in the environment of attempted coups within Italy throughout the 60's and 70's, which was detailed years ago in Jeffrey Bale's 600+ page thesis on Borghese's life.

https://www.scribd.com/document/36253206...of-Tension

Borghese carried out many of those activities with his countrymen, utilising various right-wing elements from Italian military and criminal circles. So I'm not sure why the presence of Borghese should automatically point to ex-Nazi involvement, rather than the involvement of Borghese's fellow Italians, simply as Borghese had moved within those Nazi circles decades earlier. Who was he going to find more of in Italy during the time of CMC's activities - ex-Nazi's, or rightwing Italians sympathetic to his cause?

Quote:there are elaborate scenarios of various Italians included in a sort of smorgasboard of activities which would try and "put a face" (a false face?) on the Centro Mondo Commercialle. ...The only face that belongs on that activity as it relates to the JFK assassination is the involvement of Clay Shaw

Again, I'm not sure how one can argue that the involvement of Italians within an Italian company inside Italy is a false front for other groups. Did Shaw run CMC or just work for it in a capacity? I thought it was the latter. And if 'various Italians' are involved with activities related to CMC, how do then you infer that this is an attempt to create a false front, rather than simply being various Italians involved in CMC?

Quote:This could be viewed as an attempt to divert attention away from the Nazis who probably ran Centro

How is it probable that Nazis ran Centro, which Nazis do you think ran it, and which documentation do you have - beyond your mention of a paragraph in the Tetens book - that supersedes the many pages of documentation in Metta's volume? Also, which source do you think we should refer to to learn about CMC? Metta's lengthy volume or the Tetens book?

All that said, since I'm looking at your argument

Quote:veteran German expert T H Tetens describes "Centro" of Switzerland as a welfare fund for worldwide Nazi fugitives. We know that Centro was booted out of Italy

The Tetens book is linked here.

https://archive.org/details/TH_Tetens_Th..._Old_Nazis

and after a long search I found the one mention of 'Centro' in the book, page 203, in which he refers to 'Centro Europa', and never calls it by the singular name 'Centro', which just means "Center' (or 'Centre' if you're using the UK spelling), so to infer that it's the same Centre as the Centre World Commercial - 'Centro Mondo Commeciale' - seems a bit of a reach.

I notice that Metta has put up a page reprinting a dozen pages of his CMC documentation. It's here.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mettacmc/s...531531120/

It has a lot of names included. I see Shaw's name, and the names of a lot of Italian folk, but not a lot of ex-Nazis. Is there any other documentation linking ex-Nazis to CMC beyond the Tetens book you cite, which barely seems related to the topic of CMC at all? Other than the mention of 'Centro Europa' there's no mention of CMC or 'Centro Mondo Commerciale' in the index of the Tetens book at all, so it's a bit of a jump.

Messages In This Thread
Michele Metta's CMC. THE ITALIAN UNDERCOVER CIA AND MOSSAD STATION AND THE ASSASSINATION OF JFK - by Anthony Thorne - 23-10-2018, 04:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Current State Of Internet Assassination Discussion Brian Doyle 0 75 23-08-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,395 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 5,047 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 5,258 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 4,267 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 9,456 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 30,438 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,973 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,397 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,316 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser