Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myths of the Royal Mail strike
David Guyatt Wrote:I think it is quite apparent that decisions have been reached amongst the three political parties and the powers that be that the PO Union is to be fully terminated in order to effectively quell Labour Party dissent, so that the planned sale of the PO can proceed unhindered. This will create huge profits made for everyone involved - including the Treasury, who will receive a size-able chunk of much needed revenue to defray the ongoing cost of the banking bailout.

What is taking place is a an authorized covert action.

Yes. Played out with the connivance of MSM in persistently framing the issues in a totally misleading way.

On TV & radio I've heard numerous BBC presenters state (I paraphrase) "both sides claim the other side is lying so let's ignore that", followed by some ridiculous talking head opining about how all industries must "modernize or die", and how a strike will give extra business to Royal Mail competitors.

According to my woman postie, postal workers' routes are now calculated on a walking rate of 5 miles per hour, with a heavy bag on their back, whilst navigating drives, finding the right letters and somehow maneouvring them through a variety of differently designed letterboxes. Meanwhile, management hate regular first class post as it's not inherently profitable, much preferring the junk, planet-trashing, shite (insurance offers, pizza menus etc) that they insist on stuffing thru my letterbox.

The BBC (and other MSM) is using (abusing) its duty to be "impartial", and "fair and balanced", to not report the farcical nature of the negotiations where the government's representative, "Lord" Mandelson (who can't even be questioned in the House of Commons), states there is no point going to arbitration because, in essence, the union is refusing to modernize.

What is actually needed is a detailed, forensic, deconstruction of this word, "modernize", to lay out precisely how the management intends to rewrite workers' terms and conditions of employment.

Are we seeing that happen? Of course not.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Myths of the Royal Mail strike - by Magda Hassan - 21-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Myths of the Royal Mail strike - by Magda Hassan - 22-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Myths of the Royal Mail strike - by David Guyatt - 23-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Myths of the Royal Mail strike - by Jan Klimkowski - 23-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1984 UK miners' strike Jan Klimkowski 3 20,370 14-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Now we see what was really at stake in the miners' strike by Seamus Milne Paul Rigby 3 6,041 14-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  National strike in Greece Magda Hassan 30 34,202 01-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Budget Cuts and the Pelican Bay Hunger Strike Keith Millea 6 6,254 06-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Prague + to be crippled by almost General Strike June 16th Peter Lemkin 0 2,854 15-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Spain squashes the right to strike Jan Klimkowski 4 4,606 07-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt