Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Advancing Armstrong - Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together In The Lobby
The hit team used the west freight elevator to escape the building, assisted by Dougherty and Truly. This hypothesis is supported by several pieces of evidence, which are listed at the end of Two Big Problems with the Passenger Elevator  (to which I would add: Truly's problems calling for an elevator weren't mentioned until 4 months later). The reconstruction using the passenger elevator to escape, found in Armstrong's Escape from the 6th Floor, is unnecessarily complicated and not supported by any evidence. Just because it is theoretically possible does not mean it actually happened that way. It was much easier, from a practical logistics standpoint, to get the hit team out with the help of a couple of insiders-  all the assassins had to do was walk down a flight of stairs to the 5th floor and join Dougherty in the west freight elevator. Truly would cover for them during their descent, by keeping the first responding cop busy in the stairwell.

Oswald's job, in the lunchroom, was to prolong that cop's response time by drawing him inside, and diverting his attention from the descending elevator.

The idea that John Armstrong proposes, that a member of the hit team removed floorboards on the 6th, and rode the passenger elevator down to the 3rd, and then walked through the 2nd-floor central offices cannot be disproven (not by me, anyways). Neither can the idea that the hit team rappelled down the back side of the Depository. Or tied bedsheets together. Etc..... The point being: It only happened one way. The evidence we have points to inside help. Hence, Mrs. Reid's clothing description is completely tenuous; it does not substantively follow that the "t-shirt" man she saw was Lee Oswald. Rather, it was Harvey Oswald, on his way out of the lunchroom, and Mrs. Reid (as often happens) was simply mistaken.

Evidently you were unaware of Frazier's 1977 HSCA interview transcript, where he stated he was "standing out on the curb... standing out with the police" after the shots. And you automatically assume that Frazier & Moriarty are lying-  since it refutes your reconstruction, which is based on Frazier's surprise allegation in his 2002 interview with Gary Mack ( that Oswald left via the rear loading dock). Your skill with "linguistic forensics" regarding their "twisted verbiage" leads you to this discernment-  not any considerations that Moriarty was a seasoned New York cop putting his subject at ease, getting him to open up, and Frazier was (to be kind) not the sharpest pencil in the drawer when it came to middle school grammer?

Not very convincing, Brian. And you further allege that Lovelady must have been lying to Jarman, since Holmes' "step aside" occurred after his superintendent OK'd him. Yet Jarman's info-  "so Oswald walked on down the stairs"-  actually corroborates Holmes' info-  "so he told me to step aside for a little bit and we will get to you later. Then I just went on out in the crowd to see what it was all about." Meaning that we have two sources telling us that Oswald left the building via the front stairs. He then, of course, went up the street to catch a bus. There is no conflict whatsoever with Helen Forrest/Roger Craig seeing a guy in a white t-shirt run down from the pergola area into a Rambler station wagon. He arrived at this pergola area via the West Annex.

Lastly, I would like to say that I recognized that Adams & Styles went by the lunchroom while the men were inside as soon as I first read the Stroud document in 2010. We have film that places Baker circa the TSBD landing at circa 25 seconds after the head shots. All that is required is that he & Truly get through the lobby to the will-call counter before the office girls run across the rear of the warehouse.

The men did not encounter the office girls, not at the elevators nor on the 2nd-floor landing. Therefore the office girls ran by the lunchroom after the men went inside. The girls were quick; they likely made it down to the 1st floor 75 seconds after the head shots. But the men were quicker than has generally been credited them. They double-timed it through the warehouse, and Baker may have made it to the lunchroom door in as little as 55 seconds. 

And I am not the first researcher to understand this. This was written about by Michael T. Griffith in the 1990s in his micro-analysis of the Baker-Oswald encounter.

And yes, the girls were only a couple of seconds away from seeing Truly. He had gone up "two or three" steps on the stairs to the 3rd floor, realized Baker wasn't following, and since he was more concerned about the policeman with him (rather than Adams & Styles, whom he may well have heard up ahead on the 3rd-floor landing), he returned to the 2nd-floor landing. The vestibule door had closed behind Baker after only 1.8 seconds. Truly opened it, leaned in, and saw Baker "standing at the doorway leading to the lunchroom" and stepped inside the vestibule.

Why would Adams & Styles be bothered to eavesdrop on anything they might have heard from within the lunchroom-  and they probably didn't-  when they were focused on getting outside to see what had happened?

There are serious deficiencies in your reconstruction, Brian, and I don't see any merit in further elaborating. I have to work for a living and this is my last post on this matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advancing Armstrong - Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together In The Lobby - by Richard Gilbride - 09-04-2023, 12:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Am Putting Alan Ford On Block Brian Doyle 3 438 29-05-2024, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Michael LeFlem reviews Pieces of the Puzzle Jim DiEugenio 2 3,363 26-01-2019, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Armstrong's Milestone Essay: The FBI and the Framing of Oswald Jim DiEugenio 10 8,396 21-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  A message from John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 31 17,089 18-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Armstrong blasts the mail order rifle "evidence" Jim Hargrove 30 16,637 23-02-2016, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  going to pieces after the assassination Joseph McBride 12 10,266 05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Matthew Poe
  Armstrong: Of Covert Ops, Fake Marines, of Classifieds, of Cabbages and Kings Jack White 32 17,389 22-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  1956: New Research by John Armstrong Jim Hargrove 2 3,297 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Piecing the Puzzle Together Scott Kaiser 2 2,987 21-08-2014, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Armstrong's Harvey and Lee Jim Hargrove 389 128,378 28-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove