Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did the studio at Wonderland Avenue do?
It's interesting to note Eyes Wide Shut can be abbreviated EWS. This is a military acronym for Early Warning System, as in BMEWS, Ballistic Missile Early Warning System, or DEW, Distant Early Warning.

It's also interesting to note that the author of 2001: A Space Odyssey the book, was Arthur C. Clarke, credited with having invented satellites, rumored to be a pedophile, known to be an expatriate in Ceylon/Sri Lanka and shortly before his death, on record as saying there was life on Mars, and even that he'd seen photos of things like sand dollars there. The odd thing is, Clarke wrote the book after the movie was released. Clarke's ending makes the star child vengeful, returning to Earth to destroy it. As in EWS, I believe Clarke's ending to the novel was chopped by the publishers.

Jan Klimkowski Wrote:Helen - whenever you have time, pray tell more....

On children's lore, I've read children have their own worldview that is passed along from child to child, but forgotten by adults. It includes vocabulary and, the owner of the ethnobotanical seed company J. L. Hudson says, even ethnobotany. I happen to remember "redrum" from before the Stephen King novel was published in 1975. Oddly enough, I remember a cousin used that fake Halloween vampire blood to write it on the back of a chair in a movie theater. It seemed to me it came from the Marco Polo and Bloody Mary mirror games. You repeat Marco Polo or Bloody Mary three times in the dark in front of a mirror, then turn on the lights. For a split second you're supposed to see a bloody head. I never saw it.

Ray Bradbury used the idea children have their own worldviews in The Veldt and Zero Hour to great effect.

Messages In This Thread
What did the studio at Wonderland Avenue do? - by Helen Reyes - 02-11-2009, 02:42 PM