Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People or Sheeple On JFK and 'The Whole Mess'
Ed Jewett Wrote:I share your frustration, concern, angst, anger, and all the rest of it. I've been blogging about it for years as well as trying to talk with others, and the situation is actually getting worse: the totalitarian war-mongers and plutocratic thieves are succeeding at increasing pace, matched only by the speed and depth of the nation's somnambulance. Is it being poorly educated, being poorly informed, being unable to discern, not caring, moral lassitude, or spiritual numbness? Okay, don't answer that. I am quite upset with the nation's people, and don't even talk to me about their leadership. I just happened to be at that point in the Douglass book "JFK and the Unspeakable" when he wounds me again with the memory and the statement that, while we were in shock that weekend -- me at the age of 15 away at boarding school watching the elders -- and Douglass telling us what we know now -- that the nation's security agencies were busy fashioning the cover-up. The nation was put to sleep. Did the US Air Force dust the atmosphere with propofol? We not only fell asleep for the surgery, it was painless and we forgot that it took place.

Thanks Ed. I know you 'waz 'juz trying cheer me up. :banghead:
I'm old enough to remember several interlaced social/political movements - and was active in several of them. Today, people seem to feel the best they can do is to do it on the internet. That is certainly our means of getting the message and the truth out. But unless people at some point are willing to get off their asses and away from the screen and keyboard and go out in the streets - to demonstrate; to stage a general strike; to draw a line in the sand; to hammer in their picket-pins and not retreat we don't have a prayer and not much time left, IMO, to hold on to what LITTLE democracy, freedoms and quality (sic) of life we still have. The bad guys have become stronger and more emboldened and are now looking, I believe, at their endgame moves in just a couple of years...the beginnings of that end all too many already feel - and it hurts....and is only going to get a lot uglier and a lot more painful for almost all - everywhere. You would think the Sheeple would wake up....Dallas, OKlahoma City, 9/11, London self-bombings, 1000s of assassinations, covert ops, government takeovers, electronic spying on everyone, war with drugs, war with poor, war against education, war against medical care and just plain endless WARs! Not to leave out torture, mind-control, consumerism as a lifestyle, poisoned food, water, air, soil, ecosphere...and we could go on and on and on and on and on...and I will [later]. We HAVE to build a movement again. I know exactly how they worked to infiltrate and destroy our leaders and our movements in the past. Well forewarned is forearmed and it is our Country. I say, take it back! The FEW who run it as their own fiefdom are the treasonous ones who belong in the dock and then in jail - with the keys thrown away.

"In dictatorships we are more fortunate that you in the West in one respect. We believe nothing of what we read in the newspapers and nothing of what we watch on television, because we know its propaganda and lies. We've learned to look behind the propaganda and to read between the lines, and unlike you, we know that the truth is always subversive."-Urbanek
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Burke
"Power concedes nothing without demand. It never has and never will."-Frederick Douglas
"There comes a time, when silence becomes betrayal." -MLK
"Let them hate us, as long as they fear us!" Emperor Calligula
"Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the revolutionary spirit and go into a sometimes hostile world declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism and militarism,"- MLK.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." -E. Abbey
"Hope has two beautiful daughters, their names are anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to see they do not remain the way they are." -Augustine
"Although tyranny, because it needs no consent, may successfully rule over foreign peoples, it can stay in power only if it destroys, first of all, the national institutions of its own people."-H. Arendt
"Look, if you think any American official is going to tell you the truth, then you're stupid. Did you hear that? - stupid." - Arthur Sylvester, Assistant Sec. of Defense for Public Affairs, 1965
"Those who own the country ought to govern it." - John Jay, 1st Chief Justice U.S., 1787
“Never believe anything until it’s officially denied,” - Claud Cockburn
"History is the lie commonly agreed upon," - Voltaire.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
"It is well enough that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system for, if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - H. Ford
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
People or Sheeple On JFK and 'The Whole Mess' - by Peter Lemkin - 26-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RFK People can handle the truth.. Bernice Moore 2 3,668 13-02-2011, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore