Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Napoleon Valeriano -- Number One Son of a Bitch
David Guyatt Wrote:Charlie, I was always intrigued by Prouty's assertion that Lansdale was captured in the frame of one of the photographs of the three tramps arrested in Dealey Plaza.

I feel sure it is sheer coincidence that the organization that Ferdinand Marcos created around himself to launder all the WWII plunder was known as the "Umbrella".

David,

The photos I've attached are important for many reasons, one of which is relevant to this thread.

Look immediately to the left of the tramp "Frenchy's" face and you'll see the left profile (minus features) that closely matches the view found on photo number 18 (taken in 1965) from Cecil B. Currey's Edward Lansdale: The Unquiet American. I've enlarged the latter view, too.

(You might also note that the shot in the lower right corner is of Lansdale's Vietnam "teammates" Joseph Baker and Lucien Conein -- except the original captions are reversed. I believe that this is the first published image of Luigi.)

I am not the first to note this similarity, but the photo comparison is, as I type, unique to this forum.

As for the umbrella business: I've made rather dramatic cinematic use of the Dealey Plaza and gold bar bumbershoots.

Great minds think alike.

Attached Files
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE LEFT OF FRENCHY.jpg (Size: 21.21 KB / Downloads: 16)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE CLOSE-UP.jpg (Size: 63.71 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   JFK - LANSDALE PROFILE.jpg (Size: 86.98 KB / Downloads: 18)

Messages In This Thread
Napoleon Valeriano -- Number One Son of a Bitch - by Charles Drago - 09-12-2008, 04:24 PM