Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Weirdness
I don't yet know or understand Jung but from what I gather from that to which I have been exposed in an introductory fashion, we probably don't need to go beyond your post or the techniques referenced in mine.

As noted, I have used HoloSync audio CD's in the past. I would agree that one's vehicle is custom-built and custom-purchased, that one ought to have proper training and education in its use and application, that it can be dangerous for unprepared and unstable drivers or passengers, etc. Even reading some of the books I've noted, and others, can be potentially worrisome or hazardous. Stretching one's mind without a "spotter" is probably no different than attempting a 557-lb. overhead "clean and jerk"; without some preparation, training, grounding and a "spotter", it is entirely possible to crush one's skull or break one's neck.

But there are lots of relatively safe and docile techniques that might get you there; the late George Leonard spent some time developing the ITP -- integral transformative practice -- complete with book ("The Life We Are Given"). video and perhaps even Stanford Medical research programs.

But one could get equally lost or screwed up reading Steven Johnson's "Mind Wide Open: Your Brain and the Neuroscience of Everyday Life"; Antonio Damasio's "The Feeling of What Happens"; Joseph LeDoux's "Synaptic Self: How Our Brains Become Who We Are"; or John Ratey, M.D.'s "User's Guide to the Brain: Perception, Attention and the Four Theaters of the Brain". But it doesn't seem to have done any harm thus far.

The vehicle is one's own body, which contains a bi-cameral mind, a corpus callosum, an extended spinal column and neural system, hormones (neurons of the blood), a brain in your heart and another small one in your gut, two eyes, two ears, and lots of other embedded or embodied receiving and transmitting devices of which we are only beginning to become aware, or understand, or use.

To go beyond that we'd need a colloquium, a conference, an extended education, an experiential camp, a facilitated retreat, and a lot of time.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Quantum Weirdness - by Ed Jewett - 25-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Quantum Weirdness - by Magda Hassan - 25-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Quantum Weirdness - by David Guyatt - 25-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Quantum Weirdness - by Ed Jewett - 25-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Quantum Weirdness - by Charles Drago - 25-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Quantum Weirdness - by Ed Jewett - 25-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Quantum Weirdness - by David Guyatt - 25-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Quantum Weirdness - by Ed Jewett - 26-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Quantum Weirdness - by David Guyatt - 26-03-2010, 12:21 PM