Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others.
Anthony Marsh Wrote:Maybe your forum software is defective. You should have been able to download the map I uploaded.
Here is Roberdeau's map:

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img160...g110508mb6.gif

Here is my map from 1990:

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Dealey.gif

Print out both maps, preferably on clear acetate and lay one over the other. You will see that they match perfectly in almost all places except where he has added his own details. Note especially the distance from Main Street to the TSBD. No one else knew at the time the correct distance. I was the only one to figure it out.
Note especially the two tool sheds behind the pergola shelter. Note the street lights and traffic lines. Note the steps up to the pergola. I was the one who had to figure out pixel by pixel how to change straight lines into curves. You'll also notice that he corrected my curve of Elm Street. Since he was using an IBM whereas my Commodore 64 program did not make curves.
Even some of his staunchest defenders have admitted that he started with my map.
He has never admitted it. He has never credited me.
That's called stealing research. Like most people he probably found my map floating somewhere on the Internet and didn't realize where it came from. That why I corrected an incorrect post by someone else to set the record straight.

Anthony,

I don't need printers or acetate to see that the 1990 map you say is yours (which is clearly labeled "Free to Copy" by the way) is a simple diagram of a physical location. Whereas Don's document presents a massive amount of detail in a concise format. Your document does not resemble Don's document in terms of appearance or usefulness.

Myra

Messages In This Thread
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 31-03-2010, 04:31 AM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 21-05-2010, 11:56 PM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 22-05-2010, 12:20 AM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 22-05-2010, 12:26 AM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 22-05-2010, 05:28 AM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 23-05-2010, 05:45 PM
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others. - by Myra Bronstein - 23-05-2010, 09:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercedes Hijacks Che Image for Free Market Insult Ed Jewett 3 4,764 13-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  Atlantic Free Press Closing Doors Ed Jewett 0 2,479 22-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett