Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster
I threw out a challenge elsewhere suggesting people set up a serious debate, pro, con, otherwise, interesting, about the validity of peak oil. Some people interpret the peak oil theory as suggesting there is now limited oil and point to the gushing Gulf as proof of my impaired cognition and psyche (yet no one will put forth any documentation that peak oil is a conspiracy or a gross misconception). What I think the peal oil theory says is that, in order for the world to get and capture the vast amounts of remaining oil, they/we will have to do so at much greater expense and much greater risk, both of which will become prohibitively greater. The pelicans around Mississippi seem to agree.

There is also a theory that the slow response of BP in protecting the wetlands is by design because they want the mineral rights to those wetlands.

There is also a theory that BP is being taken down on purpose; by whom and for what reasons is up for grabs.

I think we could consider the death of the Gulf and its surrounding economies as collateral damage in non-inter-state economic warfare... that private banks, large multi-national corporations and the like are now dwarfing those things we used to call countries in their ability to engage in war.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 27-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Ed Jewett - 13-06-2010, 08:14 PM