Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did the Gestapo Murder 'Superspy' Glenn Miller?
Austin - interesting piece, thanks for posting. The background about Major Glenn Miller (Mueller) is intriguing.

A note of caution though.

ObersturmbannfĂĽhrer Otto Skorzeny is a key figure in the end of war ratlines and post-war Gladio and Odessa networks.

It's true that Skorzeny's elite troops did wear allied uniform and infiltrate behind enemy lines (eg at the Battle of the Bulge). However, he was also a leading figure in the Nazi Werwolf - stay behind commando - initiative, designed to strike against occupying forces in Germany after Nazi surrender.

I have long been intrigued as to the links between the idea of Werwolf and the development of nazi insurgent "commando" units, primarily in Europe, under Operation Gladio. I'm not aware of any historical study linking Werwolf and Gladio, so this is speculative. However, there are definite philosophical links between Werwolf and Gladio.

Skorzeny is also believed to have been involved in running ratlines to spirit key Nazis out of Europe to South America and elsewhere. These ratlines were so enmeshed with Catholic and US intelligence networks that it's very difficult to distinguish between Paperclip ratlines and Odessa ratlines. Indeed, there may often be no distinction.

In short, Skorzeny may have been involved in Glenn Miller's death. But, if so, I suspect the web is far more tangled than that described in the original article.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Did the Gestapo Murder 'Superspy' Glenn Miller? - by Jan Klimkowski - 27-06-2010, 09:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Murder Kurt Cobain Lauren Johnson 0 2,813 16-06-2021, 06:01 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Omarosa Manigault -- The Face of the New Gestapo Cliff Varnell 0 2,127 10-11-2016, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Glenn Greenwald as spook loyalist Paul Rigby 3 8,272 01-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Murder of Gitmo Prisoners....Why Am I NOT Surprised?!...... Peter Lemkin 4 5,034 22-05-2014, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Aussie corruption and murder: Paul Dale Anthony Thorne 1 4,887 23-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  CIA Directors conclude CIA shouldn't be investigated for murder Paul Rigby 7 6,622 20-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett