Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nanoo-nanoo 9-11 Premiere Movie & Interview
"Initially, we enter into a situation to experience it with a willingness to penetrate through to what is essential. I have observed that for people to evolve they have to be a little hungry. This hunger is what makes a team win in sports. Hunger means that we are willing to go to some discomfort for our goal. If we are on overload, we do not want any more suffering, we do not want any more information, we do not want anymore anything. Overload is a survival mechanism. Someone on overload is full and they are not hungry.

True irimi is not trying to escape injury. Instead, we are willing to be injured and move in anyway. At the beginning of each series of classes, I usually ask, "is it possible to protect yourself?" What I'm asking about is the sense of making ourselves safer from harm. In my experience, protecting ourselves is not really possible, and, in my belief, protecting ourselves is not the point. The point is to keep living in a way that is compassionate, skillful, and creative. Being hurt is not a terrible thingit is a fact of life. We can experience hurt and still go forward with an open heart. We can go ahead even though we are afraid to move.....

Irimi is connection: movement into genuine contact with some aspect of the circumstance, without any agenda or wanting to change the person or the situation…" [Pages 115-116, embodiment]

"Aikido gives us the chance to investigate experientially this idea of seeing the situation from the other person's point of view. So, too, does conscious embodiment. In what I called the irimi (pronunced irr-ree-mee), or entering exercise, partners stand before each other in stances that represent opposition. Then one person moves behind the other so that both are facing the same direction, and the person who moved can see what his or her partner is saying. From this position, which acknowledges the other person's point of view, it is easier to lead the situation into a positive resolution. In aikido, the simulated attack may be fast and intense, and the technique may be quick and strong, but the feeling of positive resolution is also present.….Most people who act in an aggressive way do so because they don't feel understand understood or accepted." [Page 85, freedom]

The Practice of Freedom: Aikido Principles as a Spiritual Guide, Wendy Palmer, Rodmell Press 2001. [On the pursuit of authenticity and aliveness]

The Intuitive Body: Aikido as a Clairsentient Practice (revised edition), Wendy Palmer, North Atlantic Books, Berkeely, CA 1999. [On centering, stability, attention, embodiment and action, from an advanced practitioner.] [For current information, see http://embodimentinternational.com/ ]

Extracted from http://summonthemagic.blogspot.com/2012/06/flying-embodiment-freedom-and-divinity.html
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
nanoo-nanoo 9-11 Premiere Movie & Interview - by Ed Jewett - 23-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Interview With Thierry Meyssan David Guyatt 0 4,743 03-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Another important interview and new book - Bollyn on Guns and Butter Peter Lemkin 0 2,683 06-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Excellent Interview With Former Head Of ISI On 9-11~! Peter Lemkin 0 3,376 02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
  Hamid Gul Interview republished Carsten Wiethoff 1 3,106 29-07-2010, 03:22 PM
  In depth interview with Craig Ranke regarding Pentagon Carsten Wiethoff 0 3,167 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Film - Anthrax Wars - Interview With Filmmaker Peter Lemkin 11 8,622 22-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Remarkable Interview of Annie Machon, Ex-MI5 Whisleblower 0 406 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: