Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause
Don I shared some of your concerns in your first post here.

I think in the past there have been feeding frenzies. I think in that area is also where you and I have disagreed lol. While I do think there are genuine figures who who have had it coming. Some others not so much, indeed there's some pretty good people I'd like to recommend join the DPF. People that I think would really like the place and CD. As it turns out I am terrible at arranging blind dates lol I.E Marty Hay. While I can imagine somebody going 'phew' I didn't want his mates turning up anyhow lol. Other members here may well have some good buddies who would also like to have a peak. Let's be honest people would you let a pal dive in? I warn everyone whose interested in joining the JFK conversation.

Look I am a member here and I love the place. I know it's not the size of the debate it's the quality. But I am sure there are some quality people out there. I also think some people genuinely want to learn. I like Dawn and Don am banking on Mark being okay after a rocky start (well at least I am hoping). It's up to him really, each forum has it's own quirks and cultures. People like Vas managed to join up here without a ripple, take their time and eventually contribute some really good stuff. Hopefully young Mark can do the same. That's if he is a whipper snapper of course.

As much as I grimaced when CD launched into the classic 'mine is bigger than yours' line again (Jesus here he comes). The frustrating thing for me Don was taking some time out to really chat with Mark trying to prevent this sort of thing happening again. He hasn't really understood the continual war footing the DPF is on. This continual war is something I fully agree with. Now while I reckon we could be a little more careful of friendly fire casualties. Mark probably through share inexperience missed the fact that CD, Jan, Peter, Magda, Dawn, GB and others have encountered the wide eyed innocent routine often. This type of person wastes time and plays cat and mouse. That's fully where some of the DPF's low tolerance comes from. I am not saying Mark is really like that. But holy shit I remember my first time on here. It's like my 'colonel of truth' line. I don't think I'll ever live it down (at least Magda CD and Jan) won't let me lol. Then there was my Billy Joel line and then the one before that.......regardless of my cock ups. It's important to acknowledge the cynicism in particularly where it comes from.

Don it's established that you believed the profiles of Jan and CD were silly (you admitted that they were and cheers for the heads up on who did it). I appreciate you don't have much say over there. Nor do I think Pete's vectoring his frustrations at you is entirely on the money. However, I can feel Pete's frustration about what happened to his posts. That was really bad and after seeing his stuff here, I bet he had some gems go missing. I think you genuinely acknowledge that sucks. I also think you would agree with what he is saying about cleaning up our own backyards before going looking in the neighbors. This is the big problem with peace keeping Don. Invariably you may well end up guarding the war criminals. Or least be perceived to be doing so. I've said this sort of thing to you before, if only in more immature and macho terms. But despite my bullshit then the sentiment is essentially true. The path way to hell as they say, is paved with good intentions. Which I do believe now are genuine.

It's definitely brutal here at times. But as you say some introspection is always needed. Yet given time Don I've found the DPF to be a really rewarding place. Help one thing I tell people to do is not join but read the threads lol. The threads here are full of uninterrupted discussion and information and yeah there are different viewpoints. Take say Jan and Bill Kelly's back and forth over the Middle East. That's actually a really good debate and it's free of the trolls that would pervade the EF. After awhile people like CD can concede to other points of view. But it really takes time for that sort of trust to build. Being on here is akin to serving a form of bizarre apprenticeship in many ways lol. I don't know if this is the right way to go about it myself. But hey CD did actually apologize to Mark, I thought it was very funny and very sincere. Like I said to Mark, CD and others are paying for this site, he actually pays for the privilege of having me critique his forum. He's probably rolling his eyes right now thinking "That ungrateful little wanker, after all I've done for him" ROFL.

Anyhow, best of luck Mark here on this forum. Study up on it, ask around and don't quote Ford rofl. Don send my regards to Willie Law.
I'm bloody looking forward to that book. Pete mate be cool. I hope that goes for all of us.
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992

Messages In This Thread
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 12:56 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 02:55 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 04:51 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 04:47 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 05:48 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by LR Trotter - 24-08-2012, 06:12 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 10:06 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 10:21 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 25-08-2012, 05:16 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 25-08-2012, 04:19 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by LR Trotter - 25-08-2012, 08:13 PM