Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause
Malcolm Pryce Wrote:I must admit, as a relative newcomer to the deep political scene, I too feel there is something occasionally intimidatory about this forum, or more specifically the JFK section. In all the other sections it seems people can post what they like and display a less than perfect understanding of the issues and no one seems to mind. The JFK section, however, feels less inclusive - some of the key players have the air of high priests giving off gnomic utterances that are only explicable to the cognoscenti. I don't greatly object because no one forces me to come here, and I can understand how those who have devoted a lifetime to the study of this subject might well tire of having to explain what has been commonplace for them, but all the same, what is the point of a forum such as this if not to disseminate this hard won knowledge?

As a concrete example, posters frequently allude to some supra-national group who were the ultimate sponsors of the Kennedy assassination. I think Charles mentioned 'the usual suspects' in a recent post.

No one ever expands on this, it is simply assumed one knows who this group is. I don't. Would anyone care to put a bit of meat on the bones of this? Or point me in the direction of some books on it? I am aware of Churchill's words about the High Cabal. Intriguing, yes, but if I had read Churchill's comment in my pre DPF days I would have assumed this was a metaphoric allusion to the gods, or fate, or the forces of destiny, or some such thing. It is very easy to read it in that manner, is it not?

While I understand your points in theory, it is called not reinventing the wheel [nor spinning ours endlessly]. I've seen mixed reactions to helping newcomers on JFK on this Forum. I think this is an advanced forum, though not adverse to those who might not have spent decades working in these cotton fields. Sometimes, there is a reaction that the requester's purpose is to slow the progress of the Forum - and the 'calls' on that probably are wrong some % of the time...comes with the territory. Other times I've seen persons here really help to bring someone up to speed, as the more advanced person sees 'it'. We all have different experiences and levels [and times] of commitment to JFK and other Deep Political Research. The EF, for example, is very large and more tolerant of newbees [as well as moles]. Perhaps the tolerance here is not as great. Some of us have lost much time, money, friends, blood, sweat and tears, homes, jobs, nearly our lives [others have lost theirs] on this kind 'o thing over decades. It changes how one approaches the naif. I personally welcome and want to educate those who honestly want to know, no matter what their level is; but I usually would spend more time/energy on an advanced thread, it is true. This subject matter has cost me dearly, personally......and I'm passionate to make some progress in the few years I have left. You're observations are not without some merit, but some understanding of what may be behind it [each would have to speak for themselves, and each of their explanations would differ somewhat] might be in order. The EF is unfriendly to anyone who thinks 911 was a conspiracy and can speak effectively to that....and some other topics. Those who believe the official version of Dallas are often given short shrift here. So it goes. Life is short and one must decide how to expend one's energies to the greatest effect....moreso when there are not that many more years.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 12:56 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 02:55 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 04:51 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 04:47 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 05:48 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by LR Trotter - 24-08-2012, 06:12 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 10:06 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 24-08-2012, 10:21 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 25-08-2012, 05:16 AM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by Mark Prior - 25-08-2012, 04:19 PM
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause - by LR Trotter - 25-08-2012, 08:13 PM