Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Correspondence and collusion between the New York Times and the CIA
Quote:While Mazzetti himself expresses regret for his behavior -- "It was definitely a mistake to do. I have never done it before and I will never do it again" -- both he and Executive Editor Jill Abramson insist that he had no bad intent, but was simply trying to help out a colleague (Dowd) by having her claims fact-checked.

The English phrase to describe such a claim is BOLLOCKS.

As demonstrated by the following:

Quote:Mazzetti forwarded the draft of Dowd's unpublished column to the CIA spokeswoman (it was published the following night online by the Times, and two days later in the print edition). At the top of that email, Mazzetti wrote: "this didn't come from me … and please delete after you read." He then proudly told her that his assurances turned out to be true:
"See, nothing to worry about."

Fact checking?

BOLLOCKS.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Correspondence and collusion between the New York Times and the CIA - by Jan Klimkowski - 31-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The New York Times Carsten Wiethoff 1 2,585 18-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Iconic Photo of Shortage-Ridden Venezuelan Supermarket Taken in New York Magda Hassan 1 4,377 16-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  The CIA’s Mop-Up Man: L.A. Times Reporter Cleared Stories With Agency Before Publication Magda Hassan 0 2,713 08-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  IDF Censor Tells NY Times It Must Censor Future Reports on Killing of Lt. Hadar Goldin Magda Hassan 0 2,425 03-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Revealed: Murdoch's secret meeting with Mrs Thatcher before he bought The Times Magda Hassan 6 5,289 28-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski