Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LHO's Raleigh call and LHO at Nags Head ONI base near Raleigh earlier
Grover Proctor: Excerpt of James Douglass' Unspeakable: The Raliegh Call:

http://www.groverproctor.us/jfk/jfk-douglass.html

In an interview, Marchetti said, "[Oswald] was probably calling his cut-out. He was calling somebody who could put him in touch with his case officer. He couldn't go beyond that person. There's no way he could. He just had to depend on this person to say, 'Okay, I'll deliver the message.' Now, if the cut-out has already been alerted to cut him off and ignore him, then..." [ 850 ]
The interviewer asked Marchetti about the plight of an undercover agent in trouble who was desperately seeking help, as Oswald seemed to be doing:
Interviewer: "Okay, if someone were an agent, and they were involved in something, and nobody believes they are an agent. He is arrested, and trying to communicate, let's say, and he is one of you guys. What is the procedure?"
Marchetti: "I'd kill him."
Interviewer: "If I were an agent for the Agency, and I was involved in something involving the law domestically and the FBI, would I have a contact to call?"
Marchetti: "Yes."
Interviewer: "A verification contact?"
Marchetti: "Yes, you would."
Interviewer: "Would I be dead?"
Marchetti: "It would all depend on the situation. If you get into bad trouble, we're not going to verify you. No how, no way."
Interviewer: "But there is a call mechanism set up."
Marchetti: "Yes."
Interviewer: "So it is conceivable that Lee Harvey Oswald was..."
Marchetti: "That's what he was doing. He was trying to call in and say, 'Tell them I'm all right.'"
Interviewer: "Was that his death warrant?"
Marchetti: "You betcha. Because this time he went over the dam, whether he knew it or not, or whether they set him up or not. It doesn't matter. He was over the dam. At this point it was executive action." [ 851 ]
"Executive Action" was a CIA code phrase for assassination.

SHERMAN H. SKOLNICK, plaintiff, ) Civil Action.
vs.
NATIONAL ARCHIVES AND RECORDS SERVICE, defendant

(E) According to a City of Dallas jail document, a person known as Lee Harvey Oswald
made a collect call, November 23, 1963, to John Hurt, Raleigh, North Carolina; one of two calls
he made from said jail. A copy of said document is attached hereto and made a part hereof as
Appendix E . Later investigation shows that the name was John David Hurt, whose address is
201 Hillsboro, Apt. 4, Raleigh , North Carolina. In 1963, Hurt's wife, Billie G. Hurt, was
listed at said address. John David Hurt has a background as Special Agent, U.S. Army Counter
-2-
Intelligence Corps. Plaintiff will offer additional data on John David Hurt at a trial on the merits
of this case.

On November 24, 1963, Acting Supervisor Martineau called one of his secret service agents

and asked him if he had ever heard of a John Heard, phonetically pronounced. Martineau asked
the agent to "pull" all cards marked "Heard". There were approximately 100 such "Heards".
It is believed that the illecret Service arrested a John Heard at that time; said name phonetically

pronounced.

[URL="http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/S Disk/Skolnick Sherman My Suit/Item 20.pdf"]http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/S Disk/Skolnick Sherman My Suit/Item 20.pdf

[/URL]

Treon to Proctor on Hurt:

Updated deposition, corrected in brackets:

About 10 or 15 minutes after I entered the switch board room a knock came to the door, which is kept locked at night for security purposes. Mrs. Swinney, who was closest to the door, went and unlocked it.
Two men identified themselves to her, I think by showing their identification cards. I didn't remember what they said but I assumed they were the expected law enforcement men. They entered the room and immediately when to the equipment room.
I knew that either Mrs. Swinney or myself would handle the Oswald call. A few minutes after the men went into the private room, a red light came up on the board showing a call from the jail. Mrs. Swinney and I both plugged in simultaneously to take it, but when I realized we both had the call, I [ unplugged ] and let her handle it alone. I did not unplug. I quit trying to handle the call & let her but I stayed plugged in with my key open.
My daughter had asked me that if I handled the call to make a memorandum of it -- a copy of the original ticket -- as a souvenir.
However, when Mrs. Swinney handled the call I sat back and listened. I heard her repeat a number to the caller and saw her write down details on a notation pad, which is normal routine. She then closed the key so no one on the line could hear her, then called the two men in the room on a line and said that Oswald's was personally placing his call.
Because I wanted to get the telephone number and the name of the town to make a duplicate ticket for my daughter, I listened and watched very carefully for Mrs. Swinney to place the call with the long distance operator. She appeared very nervous and visibly shaken. For a few minutes she just sat there trembling.
I understood why she was nervous but what I really expected was that she would get [ approximately 8 words illegible here ]
I continued watching and listening but she did not place the call.
At this time, because the key was closed, neither Oswald nor the men in the equipment room could know what was happening or whether she placed the call on another connection.
I was dumbfounded at what happened next. Mrs. Swinney opened the key to Oswald and told him "I am sorry the number doesn't answer." I am pretty certain she said number and not numbers. She then unplugged and disconnected Oswald.
Immediately, then, the two men in the equipment room came out, thanked us for our cooperation and left.
[ A few moments later, Mrs. Swinney tore the page off her notation pad and threw it in the waste paper basket. ] I did not say this. I do not know what Mrs. Swinney did with her L.D. ticket I think the time of the Oswald call would be about 10:45 p.m. and Mrs. Swinney left at around 11:00 p.m. or just after.
[ When she walked out of the room, I got up from my position, walked to the waste paper basket and took the piece of paper out. It was just an unofficial piece of paper from a pad with [ approximately 10 words illegible here; new sentence begun ] long distance call, an operator will scribble out details and only if the call is completed will she transfer this to an official ticket.
I immediately noted all the details made by Mrs. Swinney and made out a long distance call ticket. I threw this scrap of paper back into the waste paper basket. At the time I didn't even think about keeping it. All I wanted was a souvenir. ] I did not say all this. I was asked if I knew what Mrs. Swinney did with her ticket. I said I had no idea, that tickets on L.D. calls not completed were not normally kept but I did not know what she did with it. I heard Oswald place the call -- give his name etc. as I was [ last line of Mrs. Treon's note cropped off National Archives copy ]
No other calls were made by Oswald from the jail during the time I was on duty between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. I know of no others made by him at any time, but it is possible that some could have been made without my knowledge.
I didn't say anything about this at the time [ because ] about Mrs. Swinney [ had been ] being too nervous to place the call [ and ] as I didn't want to cause trouble at the switch board, both for her and myself. However, I have kept the ticket I made [ without ] [ original typed copy strikes through letters "with"; Mrs. Treon lined out the entire word ] that night and I have often thought about giving it to some official -- but I have never quite gotten around to it.
I only mentioned it casually to Mr. Winston Smith, a friend of mine, a few months ago. I forgot completely about it until the 15th day of January, 1968, until I got a telephone call saying Mr. Smith had mentioned the subject to Sheriff Owen, who was interested in learning more about it.
An exact copy of the ticket referred to is attached hereto and marked "Exhibit A".
I have read all the foregoing and it is true and have initialed every page.

STATE OF MISSOURI COUNTY OF GREENE

Before me personally appeared Mrs. Alveeta A. Treon, who by me being first duly sworn, did say that the above and foregoing Affidavit, consisting of three pages, is true.

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/ind...380.0;wap2

~~~

In reading Dick Russell, The Man Who Knew Too Much regarding Richard Case Nagell it is highly suggestive of Lee's having reached out to an earlier contact or handler. Per Mrs. Treon it was his only call beyond his wife. Raleigh-Nags Head-ONI-False Defector Program. That the fairies in dog collars shriek incoming call highlights its importance. A shoutout to Sherman Skolnick crossed over and watching from the Cloudy Knoll. Had we got the transcendent POTUS we were promised we'd have the dossier on Mssrs. Hurt and Joannides. Tosh is wise to stay on the sunny side of the street.

Messages In This Thread
LHO's Raleigh call and LHO at Nags Head ONI base near Raleigh earlier - by Phil Dragoo - 25-10-2012, 08:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AMMUG-1: Azcue says Consulate closes at 2 - so how do DURAN/OSWALD call after 4pm? David Josephs 0 2,463 06-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  The Raleigh Call - Fingerprints of Intelligence Peter Lemkin 1 5,407 19-01-2017, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  I call this topic "Standing my Ground" Scott Kaiser 184 76,936 11-08-2016, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  North Carolina call still a mystery Tracy Riddle 3 4,835 25-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Jim Hargrove
  The Head Wounds Revisited Martin Hay 158 51,581 05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Daniel Gallup
  Head Shot at z230? Bob Prudhomme 17 6,380 19-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Gordon Gray
  Altgens may have been a few frames earlier... an observation David Josephs 0 1,922 26-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  The Moving Head Wounds Bernice Moore 2 3,322 14-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  "JFK's own dirty trick" by Mark Feldstein [For Nixon to call Kennedy "a dirty politician" is rich] James H. Fetzer 15 10,790 05-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  A former head of the National Archives department that kept the Zapruder film of President Kennedy's Bernice Moore 3 4,115 05-10-2011, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin