Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency and GM Evica's writings
We lived near Oxon Hill Maryland, 15 minutes from the White House. My dad no longer worked there after Eisenhower, but we were very close by for other reasons. I was
attending St. Columba Catholic School and was in first grade at the time. My teacher, Sister Mary Anne Xavier, a behemoth of a woman, who had never showed any emotion
to my knowledge was teaching something to us. The principal came to the door and opened it. She was white as a ghost--not normally--just then. She called the teacher over
and whispered something in her ear at which time our teacher's knees nearly buckled. A group of us were herded off to an underground shelter very quickly with the sounds of
the rosary being recited by the nuns who wore the oversized beads like a rope around their waists. We prayed for a time until we were picked up by parents or by military
personnel. The phone system was out. By the time my mother came to get me and my sister, she was quite anxious because she could not reach the school by phone and was
unsure of where we were being taken.

Washington D.C. was the worst city in the world that weekend with the possible exception of Dallas. It was the most solemn, depressing, gloomy, place I have ever seen to this
day. Grown men and women crying--sometimes sobbing--uncontrollably in the streets. There was a look in everyone's eyes that, now as an adult, I recognize as similar to the
look in the eyes of those who have been through great trauma, such as, survivors of Treblinka, Bergen-Belsen, or Auschwitz. Utter despair.

We walked around JFK's flag draped casket in the Capitol and attended the funeral on Monday. It's like it was just yesterday ... still.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)

Messages In This Thread
Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency and GM Evica's writings - by Greg Burnham - 10-01-2013, 05:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK in the Senate by John Shaw Jim DiEugenio 0 2,282 08-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Senate confirms daughter of President John F. Kennedy to be U.S. ambassador to Japan Bernice Moore 0 1,778 17-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Oswald Never Took a Rifle Into the Depository: Evica Makes the Case Charles Drago 7 10,833 08-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  George Michael Evica Documentary: First Look Charles Drago 0 2,068 31-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Evica Name, Work Defiled by Robert "Boner" Morrow Charles Drago 9 5,963 28-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  JFK « WRITINGS & RAMBLINGS another site heard from. Bernice Moore 0 2,513 16-12-2011, 04:04 PM
  "A Certain Arrogance" -- George Michael Evica's Last Book to be Updated, Published Soon Charles Drago 27 21,350 28-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Bill Kelly
  Evica - WWUH Jerry Ellis 21 9,040 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Ted Kennedy jr will not run for senate Bernice Moore 3 2,892 17-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Vicki Kennedy not running for Ted's Senate seat Bernice Moore 0 2,105 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM