Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency and GM Evica's writings
I just wanted to recount (again) the unfolding of the events of Big D almost 50 years ago.
Why?

I reread this thread and was much impressed by the members recounting their own personal experiences of Nov. 22, 1963 to Nov. 26, 1963 and after.

I was 10 in August 1963 so I was naive. The unbelievable and difficult to accept murder of the President by a "commie" defector was to me acceptable as reality only after shock.

By chance I was home with my brother and my Momma when Pop called home at lunchtime to drop the news into the home. The TV was turned on before the arrest of the Patsy, during the "death-watch" of early Friday afternoon.

Then we learned of the instant arrest of a "cop-killer" within hours, they had their man. DPD sure was efficient.
It didn't occur to me then to ask if they could nab the murderer so quickly how could they not stop the murder in the first place? With the FBI and USSS helping all along?

The happenstance of a family funeral in the really cold graveside ceremonies for my favorite Aunt on Wednesday led to the choice of Momma to hold her sons out of school. Thursday we woke to colds sniffles and all the rest in one of Mom's hardships. Two sick kids and she put her foot down no school Friday either.

Our reaction was "Yippee" until lunchtime.

I knew Abe Lincoln had been killed in office and it was a tragedy for the Nation. Even at age 10 the assassination of the President was confounding and confusing.
I do not remember the adults openly crying but being somber.

All Saturday through the pain and shock all around me the people wanted more news and information of the Patsy and "the case". A nation was buoyed by the also hurting widow.
She held up so we all could too.

Liberally sprinkled in the Beltway doings was chaotic scenes from Dallas.
I remember thinking no one was in control in Dallas. Youth is my only excuse for this view.

By the Sunday murder of the "commie" by a "police-friend" well known to DPD and instantly identified by the officers in the jail basement it all turned my view inside-out.

Even at age 10, the world was changed to me that Sunday.

I never remember no adults accepting the "Warren Report" 10 months later.
I recall adult comments that we will never find out what happened at that time.

Monday when we went back to school - there was no other topic of conversation but the assassination of the President.

Big D's government, the Texas' government and the US Government thought they buried all doubts when Jack Ruby died of cancer after securing another trial for the murder of Lee H. Oswald.

The odd deaths of the killer of the "commie" patsy and the patsy ironically spurred me to be curious about the events of the Nov. Coup.

Strange and Bitter fruit would be borne of the curiosity by 1968.

Then there was Martin and Bobby....
Open the floodgates....
Something is fishy in DC.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON

Messages In This Thread
Senate Subcommittee on Juvenile Delinquency and GM Evica's writings - by Jim Hackett II - 16-07-2013, 11:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JFK in the Senate by John Shaw Jim DiEugenio 0 2,282 08-07-2015, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Senate confirms daughter of President John F. Kennedy to be U.S. ambassador to Japan Bernice Moore 0 1,778 17-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Oswald Never Took a Rifle Into the Depository: Evica Makes the Case Charles Drago 7 10,833 08-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Jim Hackett II
  George Michael Evica Documentary: First Look Charles Drago 0 2,068 31-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Evica Name, Work Defiled by Robert "Boner" Morrow Charles Drago 9 5,963 28-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  JFK « WRITINGS & RAMBLINGS another site heard from. Bernice Moore 0 2,513 16-12-2011, 04:04 PM
  "A Certain Arrogance" -- George Michael Evica's Last Book to be Updated, Published Soon Charles Drago 27 21,350 28-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Bill Kelly
  Evica - WWUH Jerry Ellis 21 9,039 10-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Ted Kennedy jr will not run for senate Bernice Moore 3 2,892 17-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  Vicki Kennedy not running for Ted's Senate seat Bernice Moore 0 2,105 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM