Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bleaching of Martin Luther King Jr.
That summer 50 years ago I still believed in America. Sure, John Glenn and the Flag.

As I have said before Dr. King deserved his Nobel Peace Prize.
I cannot say the same for President Obama for whom I and the World had such hope.
I think the world was glad to be rid of the Bu$h Crime Family at the table of World Politics,
all of which made our President appear so much better than he is in fact.

Contrast this with Dr. King, seeking genuine peace even in confrontation with injustice and racism.
When your people and poor people in general are being killed by the authorities with impunity,
when the ex-officio KKK not uniformed secondary enforcement arm of "law and order" are empowered by J.E. Hoover's FBI,
when it was made clear by the "Freedom Riders" that no protection would be forth coming without Bobby Kennedy's US Marshals
as the FBI not only watched violence but under cover participated and encouraged the racist BS.

Promoting love in the face of hate is Dr. King's way. Mine too when possible.
In those kinds of times the King Of Hearts was speaking peace. That is a kind of leadership rare indeed.
In those times 250,000 people marching on Washington was dreadful to some in power,
however the people were seeking redress of racism with peaceful means, proving the quality of Dr. King's wisdom and leadership.

Today 250,000 poor people marching on the Beltway would be met with violence in the face of peace as was the case in 1970-72 Nixon before the fall.
We here honor John Kennedy and Dr. King by being concerned and involved in issues touching other American's lives.
Hate killed them and took them from our world.
I choose Hope and Love and Truth.
I am Caucasian but my race is Human.
And I have a dream too that includes Dr. King's.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON

Messages In This Thread
The bleaching of Martin Luther King Jr. - by Jim Hackett II - 28-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Martin McGuinness Magda Hassan 2 3,877 23-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Joseph Schmitz, A Real Sharia Law Promoter for Peter King to Investigate - Scahill Peter Lemkin 0 4,481 17-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin