Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This has to be unprecedented, don't recall anything like it
Hello, I just joined DPF a few days ago.

I live in Melbourne, Australia, and wanted to add my bit to this thread by saying; it's the same here. I've been reading, online and in books, about the assassination for five years or so now, and have barely seen anything in the local media about JFK or the assassination in that time.

Until a few weeks ago. In the last few weeks there's been extensive coverage here. SBS, a local TV channel, is running a "JFK Season" throughout November which includes, on Sunday nights, "The Smoking Gun", "Jackie without Jack" and still to come "JFK: A Homecoming" (about his trip to Ireland) and "One PM Central Standard Time", which looks to be about the interview with Walter Cronkite in September.

On Tuesday nights they're running the JFK Biography that was discussed in another thread here.

I've also seen numerous articles in the local press. In today's Melbourne Age, for instance, there are two multi-page spreads: one about JFK and television (how much the camera "loved" him and how cleverly he used it; how the weekend of the assassination changed television for ever etc); the other called "Reading JFK". It has a list of recent books on JFK and the assassination. I only skimmed it, but there was no mention of the books by Jim Di Eugenio, Joseph McBride or any other researchers who've brought out new or updated books recently.

And in the freebie paper they give away to commuters at railway stations, a charming little piece titled "JFK went out with a bang", relating how he and Jackie had sex for the last time on the flight to Houston.

I don't think they even do it on purpose here: they just blithely nick all the stories from American sources without even knowing that there's a lot more to it than those American sources are ever going to admit.

Messages In This Thread
This has to be unprecedented, don't recall anything like it - by Mary Constantine - 18-11-2013, 08:38 AM