Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this sound familiar...
Grumpy is good.

But now you've got me started.

I have become a semi-tyrant with retailers who sell you crap that doesn't work and then evade their legal responsibility. A bit of grumpy old sod anger combined with a bit of Googling some years ago, provided me with an old law known as the Sales of Goods Act 1979. And what a wondrous iron-clad thing it is, too.

Retailers who provide goods that are not fit for purpose - in certain cases for as long as six years after purchase, but usually up to six months - can be forced to give you a full refund or be taken to a small claims court (minimal cost for the plaintive) and be made to provide a full refund plus costs and interest at 8%. The retailers always wriggle like hell, and most of their staff, in my experience, have no knowledge of this law, so you have to educate them. But in every case I've fought, but one, I've got the full refund (the rail franchises in this country are a law unto themselves. They can take your money for a service, not provide it, and then whistle at your complaint).

Ditto the Distance Selling Law, that gives all internet purchasers the absolute right to return goods purchased on the internet 7 business days to return the goods for a full refund plus cost of postage and packaging both ways.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Does this sound familiar... - by David Guyatt - 02-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Does this sound familiar... - by Magda Hassan - 02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Does this sound familiar... - by David Guyatt - 02-01-2014, 11:38 AM