Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criticizing 1% like Kristalnacht
David Guyatt Wrote:
Lauren Johnson Wrote:Lambert Strether at Naked Capitalism says Kristalnacht Guy broke an unwritten law.

Quote:This will be a very simple post. Most of the press blew the Tom Perkins story, whose moral can be summed up in one sentence:
The rich are different. They have class interests, they know it, and they act on them.
Tom Perkins, the expensively accessorized Silicon Valley venture capitalist, in the follow-up interview on his now famous but-for-all-the-wrong reasons letter, explains:
[PERKINS:] I don't feel personally threatened, but I think a very important part of America, the creative 1 percent, are threatened. I think [the] rich as a class are threatened by higher taxes and higher regulation
So there you have it; Perkins transgressed the unwritten law: You never talk about class in America, because that would be "class warfare."
Go here to see Kristalnacht Guy's watch retailing for only $380,000. But hey, some of those watches go for over $2 million.

The link didn't take me to a watch price Lauren? But I take your point. For these guys, time really IS money...
Indeed the 'c' word is really taboo. That's reason enough to say it loudly and often. Like you have no class.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5693[/ATTACH]

Attached Files
.jpg   Audrey Fuck.jpg (Size: 11.94 KB / Downloads: 3)
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Criticizing 1% like Kristalnacht - by Magda Hassan - 30-01-2014, 12:48 PM