Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Aeon of Horus is Ending
David Guyatt Wrote:
Keith Millea Wrote:This quote below is from David's link;

Quote:Fabled, Golden Ages, such as Atlantis, Arcadia and Camelot, recall epochs when man's destiny was favoured by the divine, and veneration of occult objects and adherence to esoteric principles brought good fortune. Today, these accounts are regarded as fictionalised utopias or, at best, romanticised periods of pseudo-history. Nevertheless, there was a movement within the last century that drew upon these remarkable legends and which justified its ambitions without a trace of conscience. I speak of Nazi Germany and an occult agenda predicated on proving that its heritage was more ancient than anyone else's, and that this afforded them entitlement. I recently travelled to Germany on an expedition with the National Geographic Channel and learned how close this misguided occult fantasy actually came to succeeding.

The great occultist Madame Blavatsky (reviled in the opening post),was a believer in the lost civilizations of both Atlantis and the earlier Lemuria (MU).But,I sure don't know how Nazi Germany could trace their heritage back to these periods.:Shrug:

Sorry Keith, but I'm not sure I can help you. I have little personal interest in Blavatsky.

I am aware of the myths surrounding Atlantis, Lemuria and the others, obviously. With regard to the former, I am partial to Plato's Timeaus and, particularly, the governing archetypal image of the City, and think the story to be allegorical in nature (sinking beneath the sea = loss of consciousness etc). Likewise Arcadia and Camelot as allegory.

The general picture I have is that many occultists of that period had a tendency to present themselves as having some sort of authority and lineage derived from an ancient historical (or pseudo historical) past - McGregor Mathews and his guiding "Chiefs" for example. I think that was all just so much hocus pocus. Back at the turn of the 20th century all sorts of fads were in vogue. I don't suppose it's any different today either.

The unsavoury Himmler and his occult buddies were partial to these sorts of things too. As I recall the Thule/Vril types attributed their knowledge to an ET civilization on the distant star, Aldeberan - which probably gave rise to some of the UFO stories of the 1950's.

Not to mention that the nazis decided to investigate every myth and fable, search for every missing artifact (Ark of the Covenant, Holy Grail, pieces of the true cross, etc.), long lost books both fabled and real and who knows what else. They figured for one brief not so shining moment that they had a good deal of the world in their hands and they were going to find and possess every treasure and secret.

Messages In This Thread
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by R.K. Locke - 28-04-2014, 09:01 PM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Tracy Riddle - 29-04-2014, 01:20 AM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Magda Hassan - 29-04-2014, 12:09 PM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by David Guyatt - 29-04-2014, 05:21 PM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Magda Hassan - 30-04-2014, 03:27 AM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Keith Millea - 30-04-2014, 08:08 PM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by David Guyatt - 01-05-2014, 09:25 AM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Marlene Zenker - 02-05-2014, 03:43 AM
The Aeon of Horus is Ending - by Fred Steeves - 03-01-2015, 04:36 PM