Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast
Drew Phipps Wrote:I personally found Snowden's remark about how 9/11 patriotically motivated him to "join the Army" and get involved in intelligence work to be non-credible and disingenuous. It would have been more believable if he'd said he joined up to expose the truth about 9/11, but it doesn't appear that he has any interest in the subject matter at all, in that none of the material leaked so far has anything at all to do with 9/11. He looks more like a "dangle" than a "whistleblower" at this point.

I think it is still too early to tell what he is and what exactly are his full motivations. I know many others share your view [more likely a dangle than a whistleblower], and it could be and doesn't offend me....but I do find it strange that IF a dangle, the NSA et al. would risk putting out so MUCH documented information to gather a few tidbits and scare everyone a bit more. Personally, barring further information, I'm inclined to take him mostly as he has presented himself...starting out on the right and [in the classic way] 'patriotic' [buying into American exceptionalism and American religion] - but having had some kind of innate moral compass that told him that something was amiss and he was spying on everyone about everything - and not just the supposed 'bad guys' that meant America harm. If so, he may not have had time or exposure to those things that would lead him to question the official narrative of 9-11 or other deep political events...and he may yet...as now he has the time. I'm a bit more suspicious of the new venture formed to bring to the public his documents...but even there, while I have some reservations about Greenwald, I also think at heart he wants the truth out and is NOT on the side of the NSA and National Security Establishment - however, he perhaps [as are the others] being used and manipulated - albeit less so than 'normal' journalists. On all of these evaluations, time will tell.....I keep an open mind, but this is how I see it at this time. Not everyone is 'all enlightened' all at once. Many can fall prey to manipulation, without meaning to or having evil intent. Wikileaks outed the country X that Greewald and company wouldn't name [at the request of the NSE], yet many said Wikileaks was also a modified limited hangout...and so it goes....wheels within wheels within wheels....( I guess one could say that Wikileaks, here, is making the Greenwald dangle/hangout more believable).... or maybe we are all mortal and have, at any given point in time, a limited perception of the Absolute & Noble Truth. [only known to me!Big Grin]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast - by Peter Lemkin - 01-06-2014, 02:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controlled Demolition expert comments on WTC collapse Lauren Johnson 5 5,149 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Amazing And Good News!...If Little Read! Peter Lemkin 8 6,147 08-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett