Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did jfk have a collapsed right lung?
Bob:

A soft or hollow-point or other such round has much to recommend it. Small fragments from one round might pierce the lung, bruise the pleural membrane, break a thoracic vertebra. It is even conceivable that a tiny fragment of the bullet could exit the neck and leave an exit "crater" the size of the original entrance wound. I would think that there would be even more damage inside the chest than has been reported

Do the autopsy note go into any specific details about the trachea? It has always bothered me that there was only 1 hole in the trachea. A transiting object (in either direction) would leave 2 holes in the trachea unless the transit was so small and at such a tangent to cross the trachea in a continuous tear; a bullet fragment (or possibly a bone fragment from the thoracic vertebra) would have to be pretty small and travelling almost at right angles to the presumed TSBD bullet path to leave a single tear in the front. It is difficult to see how a (full sized) bullet arriving more or less from the front would only leave a single hole in the trachea.

Do you think that a soft-point or hollow point bullet would be consistent with JFK's head wound and a rear entry as well? (I realize this speculation is going to raise some hackles around here. Let's just explore the possibility.) From Autopsy: "The metallic fragments visualized within the right cerebral hemisphere fall into two groups. One group consists of relatively large fragments, more or less randomly distributed. The second group consists of finely divided fragments, distributed in a posteroanterior direction in a region 45 mm. long and 8 mm. wide." That Australian private detective guy with the $60 book says its a Secret Service round from the rear (I didn't buy the book).
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
Did jfk have a collapsed right lung? - by Drew Phipps - 19-06-2014, 08:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pneumothorax in JFK's Right Lung Bob Prudhomme 20 11,602 24-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme