Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did jfk have a collapsed right lung?
Getting back to frangible bullets, I've always wondered about the accuracy of the older style frangible bullets, such as the clip of 6.5mm Carcano frangible bullets in the photo in the post above, reputedly made in 1953. The makers of modern frangible ammo, such as DRT Ammo (the link I provided), admit that the "powder core" technology has been around for quite some time, yet claim their developments have solved all of the accuracy problems associated with older frangible bullets. Yet, frangible bullets made for the 6.5mm Carcano rifle in 1953 were designed for marksmanship training in indoor ranges. How does one do marksmanship training with inaccurate ammo?

Unfortunately, I have to admit I have had no experience with frangible bullets, although I plan to try some of the DRT Ammo cartridges as soon as they become available in Canada.

It is a fascinating concept, when one applies it to the JFK assassination, and could explain why one live cartridge was found in the chamber of the rifle found on the 6th floor. If a frangible 6.5mm Carcano bullet was accurate enough to hit JFK from the 6th floor, what would be the effect, and what ballistic evidence is there that points to the use of a frangible bullet?

If we look again at the six round clip of frangible bullets, it is possible to see that the copper alloy jacket is made from two pieces, soldered together about one third of the way back from the nose of the bullet, and designed to come apart easily and also separate the entire jacket from the compressed metal powder core of the bullet. Could this explain the 6.5 mm artifact claimed to be found near the skull entrance wound and the copper jacket's nose and base found in the front of the car?

The x-rays of JFK's skull are claimed to show a cloud of dust-like fragments spread throughout the cranial cavity. This is what one would expect of the disintegration of a bullet core made from compressed metal powder. This is NOT what I would expect to see from the breakup of a solid core bullet; jacketed or non-jacketed.

The one live full metal jacket cartridge found in the 6th floor rifle could have been left behind to make investigators believe the three empty cartridges had also held FMJ bullets, instead of frangible bullets. As you pointed out, the three empty cartridges in evidence had no photos taken of the bases of these cartridges, although it would have been easy to simply plant three empty WCC cartridges.

Now, as to the effect of being shot by a 6.5mm Carcano frangible bullet. I would imagine the effects to be quite dramatic, as the bullet would turn to a cloud of dust just inside the cranial cavity, and all of the energy of a 162 grain bullet travelling at over 2000 fps would instantly be transferred, in a cloud almost an inch wide, to the brain matter it encountered. If the claims made by DRT Ammo are anywhere near the truth, destruction in this area would be absolute.

A final possible reason for using frangible ammo may be that the conspirators wished to minimize collateral damage. Obviously, with the total disintegration of a frangible bullet within the cranial cavity, the only thing that might come out of an exit wound would be pieces of the copper alloy jacket.
Mr. HILL. The right rear portion of his head was missing. It was lying in the rear seat of the car. His brain was exposed. There was blood and bits of brain all over the entire rear portion of the car. Mrs. Kennedy was completely covered with blood. There was so much blood you could not tell if there had been any other wound or not, except for the one large gaping wound in the right rear portion of the head.

Warren Commission testimony of Secret Service Agent Clinton J. Hill, 1964

Messages In This Thread
Did jfk have a collapsed right lung? - by Bob Prudhomme - 28-06-2014, 06:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Pneumothorax in JFK's Right Lung Bob Prudhomme 20 11,602 24-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Bob Prudhomme