Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSM mendacity
That is the mission of 'Media Lens' here in the UK. IMHO it has set itself an impossible task and can probably never be much more than an irritant of 'flea-on-an-elephant' proportions - though I profoundly hope to be proved wrong. Nevertheless it's stuff is meticulously researched and presented in a calm, rational non-confrontational manner. It is one of only a very few publishing organisations that I support financially.

It produces only about 1 article per week but, without exception, they are worth careful attention. Counter intuitively, it is the so called 'progressive' press (a term that I hate and despise - progress to what???) that is in their sights more often than not - especially The Guardian. Also the BBC whose 'star' reporters/commentators (people like Nick Robinson for example) regularly have their much vaunted 'impartiality' demolished with forensic precision. It's latest piece is a very good example

The problem is that it appears to have absolutely no effect whatsoever. It seems to me that, for the most part, people are just too busy with (and solicitous for) their careers which are overwhelmingly dependant upon the good-will of the Establishment - or at the very least not rocking the boat too threateningly.

Back in the 70's former BBC Controller Stuart Hood, to give him due credit, stated that "...both the BBC and commercial TV have always interpreted impartiality as the acceptance of that segment of opinion which constitutes parliamentary consensus. Opinion that falls outside that consensus has difficulty in finding expression". That precise problem has simply got worse and worse ever since with the 'Parliamentary consensus' being moulded by massive corporate PR budgets on the one hand and SIS chicanery, threats and planted disinformation on the other.

The truth? - what the Hell is that? - Answer - that which emerges from said alliance of deeply Machiavellian interests - and nothing much else.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
MSM mendacity - by Jan Klimkowski - 22-07-2009, 06:42 PM
MSM mendacity - by Ed Jewett - 24-07-2009, 02:51 PM
MSM mendacity - by Peter Presland - 24-07-2009, 04:43 PM
MSM mendacity - by Jan Klimkowski - 09-08-2009, 06:06 PM