Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FBI Evidence Proves Oswald's Ammunition was not Capable of Sufficient Accuracy to Kill JFK
Michael Cross Wrote:
John Lewis Wrote:
Michael Cross Wrote:
John Lewis Wrote:Edit: the file you posted was just the tolerance sheet. The specification sheet is here - the groove dimension is denoted as the Z value under 'Barrel'

Thanks again, but again, that's not the spec sheet for the Carcano, so the conclusions you're drawing, if they come from the linked document, are baseless. And the file I previously posted was the one you linked in post 107.

*edit: typo.

Correct, that isn't the spec sheet for the cartridge which the Carcano fires. You are, however, missing the point and have lost track of why this spec sheet was linked to.

Bob said that any 6.5mm rifle with a .268" groove diameter was incapable of being accurate with a .264" bullet.

I said that I had such a rifle, in 6.5x54, and that such dimensions (bore and bullet) were correct for it. Bob called me a liar.

The CiP documents proove that a .264" bullet fired through a .268" barrel are the norn. If they are the norm it means they are acceptable from an accuracy perspective.

If the CiP say that a .264" bullet can be fired through a .268" barrel then Bob 's whole thesis collapses.

JL.

I have to agree with Bob that you are purposely providing disinformation. Bob has clearly been working to provide information about the Carcano that is in evidence as the Oswald rifle - not ANY 6.5 rifle as you say. The entire point of his research is to determine if the rifle in evidence and the ammunition it is supposed to have fired on 11/22/63 could have done what the combination is said to have done. (correct me if I'm wrong BOB)

As previously stated:

You DO NOT have a Carcano. Your comparison to your rifle therefore is not exact and has no value in this debate.

The CiP documents you provide, again, are not what you initially purported them to be and do NOT provide specs for a Carcano barrel. You have yet to provide anything supporting your thesis about the barrel other than a link to an unknown poster on a forum talking about the Carcano. Many people on the internet put forward many inaccurate theories and opinions.

Without real evidence specific to the weapon in question your rebuttal is smoke and mirrors.

Firstly, I would pont out that bob DOES NOT have a Carcano either: and I would guess that he has no 6.5mm rifle at all and so is speaking from a position of total ignorance. At least of greater ignorance than me as I have a rifle which fires a virtually identical round.

Please do not call me a liar as Bob has done many times in saying that the documents are not what I have claimed them to be. I have ALWAYS said that they relate to the 6.5x54 chambering in response to his rubbish that all 6.5mm rifles have .264" barrels.

Please read again the salient points.

Bob says that all - all, not some - 6.5mm rifles (apart from the Carcano) have a .264" groove diameter and that a 6.5mm rifle with a .268" groove diameter firing a .264" bullet could not achieve the feat that Oswalds rifle did.

Please read through this thread and ask your-self in the light of what I have posted; is Bob correct in what he says: namely that the Carcano rifle alleged to have been used by Oswald could not possibly have done what was claimed of it?

He has provided no evidence of that at all. Indeed, I have said that I have a rifle with a legally mandated barrel of well over .264" which shoots .264" bullet just fine, thanks.

On this 'disinformation' thing. Are you seriously pursuing this? The CiP mandates a groove diameter of well over .264" - that is hardly 'disinfo', it is legally mandated fact. Are you suggesting that the CiP are some sort of international 'Disinfo' organisation? Are you also agreeing with Bob that Hornady are also 'disinfo' agents?

Do you also live in a cave and wear a tin-foil hat, per-chance?

JL.

Messages In This Thread
FBI Evidence Proves Oswald's Ammunition was not Capable of Sufficient Accuracy to Kill JFK - by John Lewis - 12-09-2014, 11:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the case against Oswald was legitimate Gil Jesus 0 182 04-07-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  The Fiber Evidence Gil Jesus 0 228 10-06-2024, 11:49 AM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part V/Conclusion Gil Jesus 0 343 05-03-2024, 02:07 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part IV / The X-Rays Gil Jesus 0 271 02-03-2024, 02:16 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --Part III: The Autopsy Photos Gil Jesus 0 295 27-02-2024, 01:40 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part II / The Exit Wound Gil Jesus 0 333 14-02-2024, 01:31 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part I / The Entry Wound Gil Jesus 0 336 06-02-2024, 02:32 PM
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 467 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 518 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 549 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle