Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Scam - Student Loans & Forcing Default
Was just listening to the only person to write a book on this subject. He has learned of many who HAD to leave the US in order to survive due to student loans which can quickly after default jump from a few tens of thousands of dollars to up to half-million, million, or more. Worse it one can not usually get rid of them in bankruptcy and they can attach your salary, posessions, and will/do take from medicial and retirement [social security] benifits, insurance et al......i.e. the banks getting paid is more important than a person's survival. I think debt-prisons [private, of course] are just around the corner - and they will have waterboarding, for sure - looking for hidden assets! Additionally, many parents who co-signed the loans have been ruined and are also loosing their benefits, homes, entitlements, homes [sic]. There are NO laws regulating the interest rates nor penalties allowed on student loans once they default and a lender can default whenever they want - one dollar one day late - or whatever. They can then start to go after all [ALL!] of you assets, even get your professional license taken away....and more. Another proof of free-market capitalism gone mad. :afraid:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another Scam - Student Loans & Forcing Default - by Peter Lemkin - 13-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Yet Another Scam - Student Loans & Forcing Default - by Myra Bronstein - 16-05-2009, 04:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mega Banks' Most Devious Scam Yet Lauren Johnson 1 2,627 14-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Banker scam are now called "conduct risks" David Guyatt 5 4,682 28-01-2014, 09:06 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia - Taibbi Peter Lemkin 2 4,640 05-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  A high yield scam David Guyatt 0 2,650 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Did the ECB Save COMEX from Gold Default? Peter Presland 0 2,629 03-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Peter Presland
  The Free Market, Financial Style. How the Scam Works Magda Hassan 0 2,515 28-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The IMF scam is slowly being exploded David Guyatt 2 3,655 18-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Iceland's Kaupthing Bank Granted High Loans Weeks before Collapse Magda Hassan 3 4,118 23-01-2009, 09:42 PM
  Treasury Nominee Failed to Halt Bond Scam. Some questions to answer Magda Hassan 0 2,663 20-01-2009, 05:47 AM