Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul McCartney
What an utterly amazing experience Erick and I had last night. I have been to a lot of concerts over my life but I do think this was the best ever. It covered almost fifty years of my life with love, joy and
profound appreciation for all the happy memories I have been given by this one individual. First as the Beatles, my all time favorite band, then the Wings phase, to his current material. There was not a bad moment or song selection. I was in tears most of the evening...and am barely able to speak today from singing along with every note.

His band was so incredible. Music at its absolute best.

If you have a chance to catch this tour, just do it.

He rocked the place, non stop, then evoked raw emotion telling how he'd written Balckbird as a reposnse to the racial tensions in the US. Then, sans band, Paul and guitar delivered a beautiful rendition of that song.

He lit up the night and brought down the house with Live And Let Die. So many great Beatles songs, from All My Lovin, Lady Madonna, Your Mother Should know, Paperback Writer. He touched on virtually every aspect of his amazing career.

Has he lost it? Slowed down? Not one iota.

I cannot stop smiling. In a world of so much strife, corruption and ugly political truths, last night provided the antidote that has sustained me my entire life: The pure power of love and joy that is rock and roll.

Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Paul McCartney - by Dawn Meredith - 23-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Paul McCartney - by David Guyatt - 23-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Paul McCartney - by Dawn Meredith - 23-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Paul McCartney - by Dawn Meredith - 23-05-2013, 07:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sir Paul and Ringo Dawn Meredith 0 3,110 27-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  INTERVIEW / Jonah Raskin : Paul Krassner Is Still Smokin' at 80 Keith Millea 7 6,775 03-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin