Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just About the Best Single Short Summation of Where American Electronic 'Intelligence' Has Led US!
From the late Senator Frank Church, 1975. In what I think was a most prescient statement of where we are today [and beyond] regarding SIGINT, he said, quote:

"That capability at any time could be turned around on the American people and no American would have any privacy left, such [is] the capability to monitor everything: telephone conversations, telegrams, it doesn't matter. There would be no place to hide. If this government ever became a tyranny, if a dictator ever took charge in this country, the technological capacity that the intelligence community has given the government could enable it to impose total tyranny, and there would be no way to fight back, because the most careful effort to combine together in resistance to the government, no matter how privately it was done, is within the reach of the government to know. Such is the capability of this technology. ... I don't want to see this country ever go across the bridge. I know the capacity that is there to make tyranny total in America, and we must see to it that this agency and all agencies that possess this technology operate within the law and under proper supervision, so that we never cross over that abyss. That is the abyss from which there is no return."

[size=12]And no one much listened to his warning...so we suffer the effects now. It is an open question whether there is now anyway back to democracy - or whether a Worldwide Corporate neofascism / neofeudalism is
[/SIZE][size=12]now fully in place, and will stop, arrest, or kill [literally] any who try to supplant it with any democratic structures or controls. [/SIZE]Hitler
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Just About the Best Single Short Summation of Where American Electronic 'Intelligence' Has Led US! - by Peter Lemkin - 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Secret Commands Can Be Sent To Your Electronic Devices Peter Lemkin 0 16,653 12-05-2018, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  NSA level iof electronic spying is "stunning" says Europe's top human rights body David Guyatt 0 3,696 27-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  New Electronic Spying Discovered In Central Oslo Government District Peter Lemkin 0 3,746 17-12-2014, 08:19 AM
  Israeli Intelligence Eavesdropped on Kerry’s Phone During Palestine-Israel Peace Talks Magda Hassan 3 5,136 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM