Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qatar's World Cup slaves
Ever since it was acknowledged that the World Cup now would have to be played in the Winter in Qatar, because of the unbearable Summer heat, I saw the prospect that FIFA might be forced to reassess it's award to Qatar.

Who buys barbecue food and millions of cans of iced beer in the Winter? Or short sleeved football shirts? The commercial loss of revenue is reckoned in the billions.

And it would also be right in the middle of mainstream European football. I don't see Premier league managers allowing their players to chuff off to the sunshine to play in a changed schedule World Cup, when they are in the middle of vital games. All those injuries. All that tiredness.

FIFA cocked it up when they choose Qatar. I feel sure that "baubles" changed hands to ensure this award was made. Perhaps the chicken is now coming home to roost?
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Qatar's World Cup slaves - by Tracy Riddle - 26-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Qatar's World Cup slaves - by Magda Hassan - 27-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Qatar's World Cup slaves - by David Guyatt - 27-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child sexual abuse in the world of Romney's top LDS donors Ed Jewett 1 4,308 04-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Hilton sex slaves Magda Hassan 2 5,163 21-10-2010, 04:31 PM
  Asian sex slaves in Kabul used by US mercenaries Ed Jewett 1 6,605 12-09-2009, 08:59 AM