Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label
Dawn:

It is indeed amazing, especially considering the availability of material in book format, via the Internet, via video, etc. One of my personal favorites in the JFK story is the video of the Secret Service agent throwing up his hands in open question after being asked to "stand down" from the rear bumper just before it turned the fatal corner. One of the more amusing (and anger-creating) bits was the ABC 'simulation' that purported to prove that Oswald acted alone... a precursor, no doubt, of the NIST approach. Another is the photo of the chairman of the New York Stock Exchange meeting with one of the kingpins of the Colombia cocaine trade. I did my on-site project in TV news production visiting and observing the day's production of an ABC-TV newscast during the Vietnam war (I assume you all know the roots of ABC-TV News, Capital Cities, and one Bill Casey -- Reagan's CIA director) and caught the quiet, surreptitious discussions between the producers and someone in Washington.

So I have taken (with quite uncertain results) the tactic of 'putting out there' the discussions, material, etc. that examines the CIA's infiltration of the media, the Bernaysian approach, and other ways in which the media have been 'exposed', as well as the psychology/neuroscience of the human mind, so that people can see how they have been fooled, and how they have easily accepted that which has been placed so quietly and secretly in front of them as 'fact'. The study of trauma, repetition, and re-programming of the mind also lends some clues. See the CIA's work on MK-Ultra et al. This also asks questions about the repeated showing of the Zapruder film clips (the film itself and what it purports to show a controversy in its own right), as well as the repeated viewings of the building collapses on 9/11.

But for many they do not want to see or face the challenges inherent in their seeing. Hence the discussion about "Eyes Wide Shut"?

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Seeing becomes very upsetting to their lifestyle, their employment, their comfortable niche within the system that depends on their not seeing.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 27-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 27-03-2009, 03:48 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Mark Stapleton - 27-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 28-03-2009, 06:25 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 28-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 01-04-2009, 03:44 AM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 11-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Myra Bronstein - 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Negating the "conspiracy theorist" label - by Ed Jewett - 27-05-2009, 06:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whackjob Conspiracy Theorists Kill and Maim Millions… Paul Rigby 7 7,748 16-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt