Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast
Drew Phipps Wrote:The only evidence we've seen thus far that Snowden tried to bring this matter to the attention of his superiors is an email asking a legal question about the priority of various statements of the law by different parties. He did not mention the surveillance programs at all. If this is all the evidence he has, his "whistleblower" defense won't be worth the paper it's printed on. Most real whistleblowers, realizing there is gonna be trouble, make the effort to collect the written proof of these notifications. The fact that Snowden didn't, either says a) there isn't any or b) he knew that he wasn't going to need it.

Now, I acknowledge that any other notification evidence would be in the possession of the one party least likely to voluntarily cough it up. And I also know that any of Snowden's ex-co-workers are unlikely to step forward to corroborate his story. But all that should have been obvious to Snowden as well.

Snowden listed several other emails that would be available - in which he tried internally to get justification for what he was observing or complain that he felt it was illegal or extra-legal. That the NSA has not seen 'fit' to release/admit to more than one, IMO, doesn't reflect badly on Snowden. Time will tell.

As far as others stepping forward, wait. But long ago [as somewhere here I have related] I learned things quite similar from a low-level NSA employee [as the 'state of the art' was back then]. To my knowledge, I'm the only researcher he told, and he did so very reluctantly....afraid that he was being watched meeting and talking to me in public [the boardwalk at Venice, CA beach]. In fact, he was sent to a psychiatric hospital and dosed with Thorazine and other drugs - and then I lost contact with him......so Snowden's moves, while suspect to some, seem like the only moves to avoid being incarcerated for 'treason', brain dead or dead dead.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Read Snowden’s Comments On 9/11 That NBC Didn’t Broadcast - by Peter Lemkin - 03-06-2014, 05:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controlled Demolition expert comments on WTC collapse Lauren Johnson 5 5,144 07-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  Amazing And Good News!...If Little Read! Peter Lemkin 8 6,133 08-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett