Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The oil price war - winners and losers
Magda Hassan Wrote:Marc Rich was given a presidential pardon by Clinton as he walked out the White House door when Bush got the keys.

Marc Rich's pardon cost him $1.5 million, paid by his wife Denise as a "donation" to the Clinton Library and the Democratic Party.

Quote: Trafigua shut down UK parliament and threatened to sue if their name came up in some investigation if I recall correctly. Never happened before in English history Represented by Carter -Ruck I think. Some thing to do with massive toxic dumping?

This was to do with exporting toxic waste via Amsterdam to the Ivory Coast. The UK government refused to become involved despite being urged to prosecute Trafigura by Amnesty International. The Brit government's argument not to become involved was risible. Well done Tony Blair, another notch in your safety deposit box, I suppose?

Meanwhile rigging the price by fixing the Brent crude spot seems to be an everyday thing in the Anglo-Dutch world...
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The oil price war - winners and losers - by David Guyatt - 17-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The engineering of the dollar - the 1973/4 oil price shocks David Guyatt 6 16,938 24-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan