Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them
Privacy's for crooks. So say sneeky, deranged, self-justifying bastards. I gather the voice recognition on Apples i-goods goes to a big warehouse in California. I find it odd that fore an' aft cameras in 'net devices don't have an opaque sliding door 'hard off', but no-one seems to give an s-h-1-t; I just have to shut my eyes. Bit late throwing a wobbla now over Samsungs conveniences.
There's something to this commentary here - http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comm...34696.html - "Few seemed to bristle at Edward Snowden's leaks in 2013: the collection of metadata by intelligence services can feel abstract, unthreatening. What feels clear and present and invasive at least, more so is the monitoring by private companies of one's own body, and voice, within the supposed privacy of one's own living room." That's speaking directly of me, 'cept I don't see anywhere that these Samsung tv's're telling anyone to commit suicide, like mine does every night and day.
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

Messages In This Thread
Orwell and Samsung - Smart TV's now listen to your every word, and share them - by Michael Barwell - 10-02-2015, 04:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Big Media Do In Sanders? - Avoiding the Dodgy "C" word David Guyatt 0 4,709 12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt