Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dollar v The Yuan: The decisive battle begins
Drew Phipps Wrote:This is a common phase in commercial litigation. American companies, including banks, face similar jurisdictional risks if they do business abroad.

Just my opinion, we'd all be better off with greater transparency.

Where you have a bank that is a de facto government bank then there are additional considerations, I think. Usually the State Department gets involved and waves its magic wand and the law case goes away.

I once was involved in a LA class action lawsuit against the Vatican bank concerning WWII gold plundered from Yugoslavia by Ante Pavelic and his Ustashe, which was laundered through the Vatican. The State Department stepped in after the Vatican saw that it was going to lose the case and waved it's wand and the lawsuit went bye-bye due to diplomatic considerations.

For me, protecting a friendly power that helped out some of the worst nazi fellow traveller who perpetrated terrible atrocities and escaped punishment by fleeing to the west along the Vatican Ratlines together with their loot thanks to the criminal laundering of the IOR bank speaks volumes. That the State Department hasn't waved its wand in this case, likewise speaks volumes.

Just my opinion too. A level playing field for all or none for all, I think.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The Dollar v The Yuan: The decisive battle begins - by David Guyatt - 11-10-2015, 03:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  War & Strife: The Mechanism That Keeps the Dollar Functioning David Guyatt 0 5,467 10-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Nikolai Starikov on Bitcoin - Global Bankers scheme to ditch the Dollar Paul Rigby 2 18,954 12-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Tobias Zackrisson
  US Strategy for Dollar Hegemony David Guyatt 5 7,829 11-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  French Finance Minister calls for getting rid of dollar for global payments David Guyatt 1 2,825 08-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  China Says U.S. Economy Is Fake, Nothing Backs The Dollar And Has No Manufacturing To Support Its Ec Paul Rigby 2 3,842 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM
  Washington Signals Dollar Deep Concerns Adele Edisen 1 2,735 20-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  "We're Going To Kill The Dollar" - The Fed's Plan B Adele Edisen 6 5,997 25-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  World's Second And Third Largest Economies To Bypass Dollar, Engage In Direct Currency Trade Magda Hassan 0 2,493 26-12-2011, 08:16 AM
  The Neil Keenan / “Dragon Family” Trillion-Dollar Lawsuit Is Real Ed Jewett 0 4,985 14-12-2011, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Bank of India becomes first to offer trade settlement in yuan Magda Hassan 0 2,086 26-02-2011, 03:05 AM