Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit, the Continuing Disintegration of the EU and the UK Realignment to China & Russia
Drew Phipps Wrote:I think that the Brexit is the perfect example of the power of the vote. There are usually entrenched financial and ideological interests on either side of any serious issue facing a nation. After a vote, there are winners and losers. In this case, Britain votes to leave the EU. Will Scotland now vote to leave Britain? Whether they do or don't, such a question is now in the collective hands of the Scots. Which, in my opinion, is exactly the correct place. The alternative to voting, not voting, seems a far more sure way to ensure that entrenched interests continue whatever their respective agendas dictate.

I feel confident that newly elected members of legislatures, even such an august body as the Russian Duma, would agree with me.

Yes, it has brought up some interesting things. The EU Republic of Ireland has offered to give citizenship recognition to the North which is stuck with the UK but voted to leave. Unification with the northern counties has always been the intention for the Republic. This will at least will give the residents of Northern Ireland access to the EU which is what they want but it will also create other problems for the UK as a union of its own. Same with the potential second Scottish vote for independence.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Brexit, the Continuing Disintegration of the EU and the UK Realignment to China & Russia - by Magda Hassan - 20-09-2016, 02:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chubais – The Next Neoliberal Head to Roll in Russia? Paul Rigby 1 12,624 11-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  China's New Golden Road David Guyatt 0 4,056 18-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  China moves into the US "backyard" David Guyatt 0 3,042 30-01-2015, 10:32 AM
  Russia and China to challenge US dominated ratings agency architechture David Guyatt 0 3,213 28-01-2015, 10:55 AM
  China's Demand for Gold Has Trapped The West's Central Banks Peter Presland 5 3,969 11-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Russia Is Dominated By Global Banks, Too David Healy 2 3,678 06-04-2014, 09:10 AM
  China Says U.S. Economy Is Fake, Nothing Backs The Dollar And Has No Manufacturing To Support Its Ec Paul Rigby 2 3,841 02-03-2014, 10:20 AM
  Bank China: all kindsa people guess bank is not money David Guyatt 2 3,134 25-06-2013, 02:00 AM
  GCongress> adjust to the new reality -- china no longer holds our debt -- it holds spendable US cash Bernice Moore 0 2,124 13-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Egyptians, Greeks, Tunisians, British, China etc Are All Protesting Against Pillaging Their Economy Magda Hassan 2 3,331 01-02-2011, 10:58 AM