Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brexit, the Continuing Disintegration of the EU and the UK Realignment to China & Russia
Drew Phipps Wrote:I think that the Brexit is the perfect example of the power of the vote. There are usually entrenched financial and ideological interests on either side of any serious issue facing a nation. After a vote, there are winners and losers. In this case, Britain votes to leave the EU. Will Scotland now vote to leave Britain? Whether they do or don't, such a question is now in the collective hands of the Scots. Which, in my opinion, is exactly the correct place. The alternative to voting, not voting, seems a far more sure way to ensure that entrenched interests continue whatever their respective agendas dictate.

I feel confident that newly elected members of legislatures, even such an august body as the Russian Duma, would agree with me.

Yes, it has brought up some interesting things. The EU Republic of Ireland has offered to give citizenship recognition to the North which is stuck with the UK but voted to leave. Unification with the northern counties has always been the intention for the Republic. This will at least will give the residents of Northern Ireland access to the EU which is what they want but it will also create other problems for the UK as a union of its own. Same with the potential second Scottish vote for independence.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Brexit, the Continuing Disintegration of the EU and the UK Realignment to China & Russia - by Magda Hassan - 20-09-2016, 02:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chubais – The Next Neoliberal Head to Roll in Russia? Paul Rigby 1 10,613 11-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  China cuts holdings of US treasury bonds Magda Hassan 3 2,142 18-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  China’s yuan ’set to usurp US dollar’ as world’s reserve currency - Nouriel Roubini Magda Hassan 0 2,096 22-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Russia's super-rich down to last few billions as fortunes slip away David Guyatt 1 2,089 16-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Russia bails out Iceland Magda Hassan 2 4,854 12-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  China Starts Journey to New Reserve Currency Magda Hassan 0 2,468 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Rumor PBoC Gov "John Meriwether" Xiaochuan Has Defected From China After Half Tril. UST Related Loss Magda Hassan 0 1,788 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  John Le Carre on Russia, Banking & the Deep State Ed Jewett 0 1,677 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  No to Helping States and Main Street, While Continuing to Throw Trillions at the Giant Banks Peter Lemkin 0 3,540 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Egyptians, Greeks, Tunisians, British, China etc Are All Protesting Against Pillaging Their Economy Magda Hassan 0 1,894 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: