Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holocaust survivor warns against rising tide of antisemitism/racism in Europe
Following a plan written up by Thomas Jefferson, the US managed to settle dozens of ethnicities in the 50 states over a period of 150 years. Because the US government had good intentions, they succeeded: (if you exclude the Indian Wars).

The only major racial or ethnic violence in our history has been a legacy of the policies of the British Empire in the Crown colonies of Virginia, South Carolina, etc. Instead of positive voluntary immigration, the British Empire in the US kidnapped people from Africa and enslaved them.

And instead of putting them on their own farms, they were made into chattel property. Not done for a good motive or purpose. Could have been done better for the unfortunate people involved back in the day. Fortunately, things have gotten a lot better thanks to Abe Lincoln and friends.

I'm not sure that the immigration policies of the EU are any better than the British slave kidnapping policy in the US. Its legacy has been not-so-good race relations in many places in the past.

(Fortunately, the US Government has made the best of that, too, like they did with the Land Ordinance of 1785 and the operations at Ellis Island).

I believe in America and I believe in the relative success that our ancestors achieved in doing the (almost) impossible in settling 50 peaceful states. Despite our multitude of ethnicities, the Holocaust did not happen here.

We know where it happened--in Angela Merkel territory.

James Lateer

Messages In This Thread
Holocaust survivor warns against rising tide of antisemitism/racism in Europe - by James Lateer - 11-06-2018, 08:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Netanyahu switches markets saying Europe is awash with Islamization David Guyatt 1 3,289 20-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Jeffrey M Bale’s “Right-wing Terrorists and the Extraparliamentary Left in Post-World War 2 Europe Paul Rigby 0 2,997 26-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby